Last updated on November 21st, 2021 at 03:06 pmPosted in Bug Fixes by Mike on November 20, 2021
Is Active Noise Cancellation not working on AirPods Pro? Does ANC disable itself automatically after you enable it in settings? Is the environmental sound not filtered out when you listen to music or are involved in a phone call?
Noise Cancellation Not Working On AirPods Pro
“People who I talk to listen too much environmental sound after the update. Previously the sound quality was better. Now they can hear everything I do, from running water or writing.”
We’ve tried to replicate this issue without success. However, I did manage to find a similar report on Reddit:
“Noise Cancellation keeps turning itself off?”
Important: Are you encountering a similar AirPods Pro issue? Confirm it please in the comments section!
We’re trying to figure out if this is a widespread issue and if it was caused by the recent 4A4002 firmware update, in order to file a bug report to Apple!
How To Fix Noise Cancellation Not Working
In the meantime you can apply the following troubleshooting steps to fix it:
1. Restart Devices
First you should try to reboot both iPhone and AirPods. Perform both procedures in the same time:
- Restart iPhone: Simultaneously press & hold Volume Up + Power Button until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen. More details available here.
- Restart AirPods: Bring AirPods back into their case, close the lid, wait 10 seconds, open the lid and get them out.
2. Factory Reset AirPods Pro
- Open Settings on iPhone and go for Bluetooth.
- Tap the i icon, available next to the
- Go for Forget This Device.
- Bring AirPods in their case and reset them by pressing & holding the setup button for 15 seconds until the status light flashes amber and the white. All the details are available here.
Did you manage to fix ANC not working on AirPods Pro? Do you know a better solution? Use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: Check out more fixes for other common AirPods problems:
– Temporarily Share Audio keeps popping every time on iPhone.
– AirPods audio cutting out in macOS Monterey.
– Notify when left behind notifications not working properly.