Is AirPods Connect to iPhone popping up on your iOS device every time you get the wireless earbuds out from their case? Does this happen although your AirPods are already paired with all devices linked to your Apple ID?
AirPods Temporarily Share Audio Keeps Popping Up
This AirPods popup is displayed when you use the Bluetooth earbuds for the first time and they’re not linked to your Apple ID yet.
However, an annoying bug causes the AirPods Connect to iPhone popup to be displayed every time you want to use the wireless earphones.
The issue has been reported by Misha:
“I get the ‘Connect to IPhone’ popup every time when I want to use them, as if they’re not already paired! Anyone else? Happened before this update too.”
We couldn’t replicate it at the time of writing, but found similar reports on Reddit.
How To Fix AirPods Connect To iPhone Bug
Here is what you can do to troubleshoot this problem:
1. Update To AirPods 4A402 Firmware
2. Forget AirPods
- On iPhone browse for Settings -> Bluetooth.
- Tap the i icon, available next to the AirPods name.
- Go for Forget This Device.
- Reboot iPhone (Use the force restart combo).
- Reconnect AirPods to iPhone.
3. Reset AirPods
- First, unpair them from your iPhone as instructed above.
- With the AirPods in the charging case and the lid open, press & hold the setup button, available on the back of the case. Keep it pressed for about 15 seconds.
- When the status light flashes amber and then white release the button.
- Close the lid and restart iPhone.
- Finally, reconnect AirPods. Open the lid, bring iPhone nearby and follow the steps displayed in the Connect to iPhone card.
Have you managed to fix AirPods Connect to iPhone issue? Do you have a better solution? Share your feedback in the comments section.
Related: AirPods audio cutting out on Mac in macOS Monterey? Here is what you can do to fix it!