Are AirPods cutting out on Mac since the macOS Monterey update? Is the audio stuttering while air-playing music to Bluetooth headphones or speakers that are connected to MacBook running macOS 12.0.1? This sounds like a common bug!
macOS Monterey Audio Cutting Out Issue
“Audio keeps cutting off on my Sony Bluetooth headphones, since updating to macos monterey!”
I’ve found similar reports on Reddit and one of the threads is mentioning a working fix.
How To Fix AirPods Cutting Out On Mac
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Sharing.
- Turn Off AirPlay Receiver. It’s available in the Services column.
- Connect AirPods, or any other Bluetooth headphone and check if the audio stuttering has been fixed!
Fact: macOS Monterey includes a new AirPlay to Mac feature that might not be fine tuned enough and is causing interferences in Bluetooth connectivity with headphones and other peripherals!
Have you managed to fix AirPods cutting out in macOS Monterey? Do you have a better solution, or any other questions? Use the comments section to share your feedback.
Related: Check out fixes for other common macOS 12.0.1 problems:
– USB hubs not working since macOS Monterey update.
– Screensaver displays black screen instead of photos picked from a specific album.
– System has run out of application memory error!
– Emails not loading in Mail after macOS 12.0.1 update.
– Photo slideshows not playing.