The app also comes with a Phrasebook section which is able to store saved words. This way you can keep translations for later practice. What’s great about Mate is that you can use it with any app available on your iOS device. You only have to select the text that you want to translate and use the “Share via Mate” button.
App Store Deal: Mate – Talk And Translate usually retails for $9.99 but now you can download it for free on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch. Hurry up because this steal deal ends Saturday, December 8. Don’t hesitate to share this article with your contacts and let everyone know about this sale!
How To Use Mate – Talk And Translate
1. After you download and install the app from the App Store, open it!
2. Type the text that you want to translate.
3. Mate automatically detects the language and provides the meaning in English or any other language that you desire.
4. Tap the speaker icon to hear the correct pronunciation.
Tip: If you plan to use this translation often you can save it. Tap the “+” icon and you’re asked to create a Wordlist. From now one every time you use this translation pair you can select the Phrasebook and add other expressions.
How To Activate Mate Share Sheet Option
1. Select a text from any app. Be it Safari, Gmail or anything else.
2. Tap the Share… option.
3. On the Share Sheet screen select More.
4. Activate the Mate translate option by enabling the specific knob.
5. Tap Done to confirm the change.
Fact: You can now translate text from any app with the help of Mate. Simply select the phrase in question, tap Share and use the Mate option. The translators opens up and your text is automatically interpreted to your native language, or whatever language you select.
Mate Translate And iMessage
Mate is also compatible with the Messages app. As soon as you install it on your iPhone or iPad, you will notice the Mate icon in the iMessage app scrubber. Tap it and start translating. Type or paste your text and Mate will instantly translate it to your desired language and attach the content to the new message body.
How To Talk And Translate With Mate
One more great feature allows you to have someone talk into your phone and Mate will instantly translate and speak out the result in your native language. This is great when traveling to a foreign country and want to ask a local about directions or other info.
1. Open Mate from your iOS Home Screen.
2. Tap the microphone icon available in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Fact: The first time you attempt you will be asked to grant Microphone and Speech Recognition access to the app.
3. Tap one of the two flags and speak out the phrase that you want to translate.
Tip: The language auto-detect feature doesn’t work with dictation, you have to predetermine the language before dictating!