How To Get TikTok Widgets For iPhone Home Screen (iOS 14)
Last updated on November 3rd, 2020 at 05:50 pmPosted in TILs by Patricia on October 30, 2020
TikTok has been updated with Home Screen widgets for iOS 14! This means that you can add the new Trending Now widget to your iPhone home page. The new glances come in three sizes: small, medium and large. They provide a quick glimpse of the newest short-videos that went viral on TikTok. Suggestions are automatically crafted based on your current viewing profile.
How To Get TikTok Widget On Home Screen
Assuming that you’ve already updated to iOS 14, you have to apply the following tips to use the new widgets:
- 1. Update TikTok for iOS to the latest version. (direct link)
- 2. Run TikTok app on iPhone at least once after updating, to activate the new widgets.
- 3. On the iPhone Home Screen, long-press on an app icon or on an empty spot on the screen to enter the Edit mode.
- 4. Tap the ‘+’ icon available in the top-left corner of the screen.
- 5. Scroll for TikTok and swipe for the desired widget size.
- 6. Tap on Add Widget, and drag & drop the glance to the desired Home Screen location.
- 7. Tap Done when ready.
TikTok Widgets in iOS 14
– the small Trending Now widget suggests a ‘hashtag’ that’s trending now, along with number of views and artwork. If you tap it, the TikTok ‘#[name]’ opens up. You can read the hashtag’s description and watch the most popular videos about this topic.
– the medium TikTok widget displays the current trending hashtag, together with thumbnails of the 4 most popular videos on this subject. Tapping a thumbnail will open the appropriate video. Tapping the hashtag opens up the category with description and more suggested videos.
– the large size is actually a zoomed version of the medium size. It has bigger thumbnails but displays only 3 video suggestions instead of 4. The category artwork and number of views are also provided.
Do you plan to use the TikTok widget for Home Screen in iOS 14? Let us know using the comments section available below.
Related: Other popular iPhone Home Screen widgets that might interest you are: Spotify, Google Search and Step Counter. You can find more in our top 10 widgets and 100+ widgets for iOS 14 collections!