Home Screen widgets have been a real success in iOS 14! However, some of the most popular iOS apps are yet to update with support for iPhone glances. One of them is Twitter, but Facebook, WhatsApp or Instagram aren’t there either.
Twitter is yet to announce any plans for releasing any widgets for iOS 14. However, a spectacular concept has been shared on Reddit. Check the image available nearby and you can see how Twitter widgets could look like on your iOS 14 Home Screen.
While all this is still fantasy, there is a viable workaround that brings Twitter widgets for Home Screen. A third-party app called Aviary already allows you to pin tweets on your iPhone’s home page. This Twitter client is built with the iOS design guidelines in mind. It’s easy to use and comes with a high degree of customization!
How To Add Twitter Widgets With Aviary
- 1. Download and install Aviary ($3.99) from the App Store. (direct link)
- 2. Open the app at least once to enable its Home Screen widgets, as per current iOS 14 requirements.
- 3. On the Home Screen, long-press on an empty spot or on an app’s icon to enter Edit mode.
- 4. Tap the ‘+’ icon available in the top-left corner of the screen.
- 5. Scroll for Aviary and select the desired widget type and size.
Fact: You can choose from Latest Tweets and Timeline Feeds in small, medium and large sizes.
- 6. Tap on Add Widget and drag & drop to the desired location on the Home Screen.
- 7. Hit Done when ready.
Fact: Aviary also comes with a watchOS version for your Apple Watch and a Mac client is upcoming as soon as macOS Big Sur will be released.
Aviary Twitter Client Features
- Perhaps one of the most appreciated Aviary feature is that it allows you to browse Twitter in chronological order, without seeing promoted tweets or ads.
- You can apply various filters to hide tweets that contain certain keywords, users, retweets and much more.
- An large settings panel allows you to change app icons, the appearance of tweets, gesture and others.
- You can quickly change between multiple Twitter accounts, respond to tweets, share content and more.
- Aviary also comes with support for the above mentioned iOS 14 Widgets, Siri Shortcuts, Share Extensions and iMessage Stickers.
- Aviary is an universal app for all your Apple platforms. Pay once and use it on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac.
Are you using Aviary as your iOS 14 Twitter client? What’s your feedback about its widgets for iPhone Home Screen? Use the comments section and let us know!