Last updated on June 18th, 2023 at 05:22 amPosted in News by Mike on June 7, 2023
Apple has seeded watchOS 10 Developer beta (21R5275t) free for the Apple Watch 4 and later! It’s test version that give users a first glimpse at the upcoming new features, changes and enhancements!
watchOS 10 Beta Profile
To be able to install watchOS 10 Developer Beta you need to enroll your Watch to the Apple Developer platform. Follow this step-by-step guide:
- 1. Sign in with your Apple ID at developer.apple.com.
- 2. Check the Software Downloads section and tap on view downloads.
- 3. Scroll for watchOS 10 beta and see if an Install Profile is available. Go for it, else skip to the next step.
- 4. On the paired iPhone, open the Watch app and browse the My Watch tab.
- 5. Go for General -> Software Update.
- 6. Tap Beta Updates and select watchOS 10 Developer beta.
- 7. Go back and hit Download and Install. Provide your Passcode and be patient while the new OS is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your watch!
watchOS 10 Beta Download
Important: Be aware that these early test version have bugs. Third-party apps like banking software won’t work! Apple only recommends installation on secondary devices used for testing!
More: You won’t be able to revert watchOS 10 back to 9.x. Your only option will be to remain with the beta versions until the public release, or bring your device to an Apple Store and ask for an assisted downgrade!
Tip: Apple Watch will reboot after the process is completed. Test out watchOS 10!
watchOS 10 Beta Not Available?
Besides owning a compatible Apple Watch, you also need it to be paired to an iPhone XS (or later) that runs the iOS 17 beta!
watchOS 10 Beta Issues
Problems reported in this version are tracked here:
- 1. Music icon stuck on Watch Face. Reported by barnhurh.
Workaround: Reboot Apple Watch.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Have you managed to install watchOS 10 beta on AW? Did you have encounter any problems? Need assistance? Use the comments section!