Apple has just released watchOS 7.2 alongside to iOS 14.3. This is the 2nd major update to the 7th watchOS generation. Some of the main watchOS 7.2 new features include Apple Fitness+ (premium fitness service that has been launched today across multiple Apple platforms), Low Cardio Fitness notifications and support for braille displays.
How To Install watchOS 7.2
watchOS 7.2 is available over-the-air as soon as you updated the companion iPhone to iOS 14.3. If you have Automatic Updates enabled it will be automatically installed on your Apple Watch in a couple of days. However, you can force the update right now:
- Open the Apple Watch app on the paired iPhone.
- In the My Watch tab, tap on General -> Software Update.
- Use the Download and Install Option.
- Be patient until watchOS 7.2 is downloaded to the Apple Watch. Hit Install Now when ready.
Tip: Make sure that the watch is in range of your iPhone and connected to Wi-Fi. Also the wrist-worn gadget has to be connected to its MagSafe charger and the battery level has to be over 50%, for the Install option to become active!
watchOS 7.2 New Features
All improvements coming with this update are provided in the update log:
- Apple Fitness+
- This update also includes the following features and improvements:
– A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
– Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown.
– Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States.
– Option to be notified when your cardio fitness is at a low level.
– Ability to review your cardio fitness level based on your age and sex in the Health app on iPhone.
– Atrial fibrillation classification at heart rates above 100 BPM now offered in the ECG app in most regions where the app is available.
– Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Taiwan.
– Support for braille displays with VoiceOver.
– Support for Family Setup in Bahrain, Canada, Norway, and Spain (Cellular models of Apple Watch Series 4 or later and Apple Watch SE).
watchOS 7.2 Bug Fixes
Apple doesn’t mention any issues fixed by this release. However, it’s not uncommon for minor bugs to be fixed without being mentioned. As soon as we notice we will update this section. Have you found a bug fix? Use the comments section and don’t hesitate to share it with us!
Have you updated to watchOS 7.2? What’s your feedback? Did you encountered any new bugs? Use the comments section and share them with us. We promise to assist you with troubleshooting!
Related: Are you still encountering the watchOS 7.1 voice feedback bug in watchOS 7.2?