Apple has just released iOS 14.3 the third major update of the 14th iOS generation. The software update brings support for the new Fitness+ workout service and the AirPods Max, premium over-ear headphones. More, it adds App Privacy Labels in App Store and enables the ProRAW photo capturing and editing feature for iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max units.
iOS 14.3 also fixes nine bugs according to the update log. We can already confirm one that’s not mentioned: the Sound Recognition issue has been fixed too! This Accessibility feature doesn’t crash the Settings app anymore when users try to edit it! Did you find other bug fixes? Use the comments section and share them with us!
Important: Before you update to iOS 14.3, make sure that you check new bugs that we’ve stumbled upon while testing the second Release Candidate version, over the weekend!
How To Install iOS 14.3
iOS 14.3 is available over-the-air in the Settings app. Browse for General -> Software Update and tap the Download and Install option. Provide your iPhone / iPad Passcode, agree with Apple’s terms and follow the traditional on-screen instructions to upgrade to the latest iOS version.
Fact: iOS 14.3 update package is around 5,08 GB large. Make sure that you have enough free space available on your device and that its connected to WiFi before proceeding.
iOS 14.3 New Features
- Apple Fitness+
- AirPods Max
- TV app
- App Clips
– A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later).
– New Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to browse Fitness+ workouts, trainers, and personalized recommendations.
– Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown.
– Playlists curated by Fitness+ trainers to complement your workout.
– Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States.
Tip: You can get the best price/value deal by subscribing to one of the available Apple One service bundles.
Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones:
– High fidelity audio for rich sound
– Adaptive EQ adapts sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
– Active Noise Cancellation to block out environmental noise
– Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
– Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience.
– Apple ProRAW photos can be captured on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
– Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app.
– Option to record video at 25 fps.
– Mirror the front facing camera for still photos on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
– New privacy information section on App Store pages that includes a developer-reported summary of the app’s privacy practices.
– An all-new Apple TV+ tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies.
– Enhanced search so you can browse by category such as genre, and see recent searches and suggestions as you type.
– Top search results shown with the most relevant matches across movies, TV shows, cast, channels, and sports.
– Support for launching App Clips by scanning Apple-designed App Clip Codes via Camera or from Control Center.
– Ability to indicate pregnancy, lactation, or contraceptive use in Cycle Tracking in the Health app in order to better manage period and fertile window predictions.
– Air quality data is now available in Weather, Maps, and Siri for locations in China mainland.
– Air quality health recommendations are provided in Weather and Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels.
– Air quality data in Weather, Maps, and Siri reflects updated national scales for Germany and Mexico.
Ecosia search engine option in Safari, comes as an addition to the already available Google, Yahoo, Bing and DuckDuckGo.
iOS 14.3 Bug Fixes
- Some MMS messages may not be received.
- Contact groups failed to display members when composing a message.
- Some videos would not appear correctly when shared from the Photos app.
- App folders may fail to open.
- Spotlight search results, and opening apps from Spotlight may not work.
- Bluetooth could be unavailable in Settings.
- MagSafe Duo Charger could wirelessly charge your iPhone at less than the maximum power.
- Wireless accessories and peripherals using the WAC protocol could fail to complete setup.
- The keyboard would dismiss when adding a list in Reminders while using VoiceOver.
iOS 14.3 Bug Not Fixed
Unfortunately the bug fix change log doesn’t mention some important iOS 14.2 issues. However, it often happens for problems to be addressed even if they’re not listed in the update log. We’ve listed them for you below. If any bug from the list appears to be fixed on your iPhone / iPad, please inform us, using the comments section available at the end of the article:
- Messages notifications not working for iMessages and regular SMS. This bug has surfaced in iOS 14.2 and is occurring randomly. When it does the sender is also receiving a read receipt, although the receiver hasn’t even been notified about the new message.
- iPhone and iPad keyboard lags when typing in Messages and other apps.
- Apps crash randomly because of poor RAM management and iPhone displays the Home Screen.
Sound Recognition bug is crashing the Settings app and the feature can’t be edited.
Fixed: Although not mentioned by Apple we can confirm that Sound Recognition is working normally in iOS 14.3!
- iPhone app closing animation stuttering when dismissing an app to bring up the Home Screen.
- iPhone 12 MagSafe animation and charging issues involving MagSafe puck, cases and other certified Qi chargers.
- iPhone 12 display flickering green tint when showing true black backgrounds.
- iPhone 12 No Service and poor cellular signal issues.
iOS 14.3 New Bugs
Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to avoid new issues emerging with a new software update. Below you can find a list of the bugs detected by us, during the iOS 14.3 RC 2 testing, over the weekend. Apple might have fixed some of them for the public release. We will update the article accordingly as soon as we get a chance to test them out
- AirPlay crashing Control Center when accessed from ‘Now Playing’.
- Bluetooth Issues: AirPods and Apple Watch unexpectedly disconnecting from iPhone.
- Apple Music lyrics not scrolling for some specific tracks.
Have you updated to iOS 14.3? What’s your feedback? Use the comments section and share your thoughts!
Related: Alongside iOS 14.3, Apple has also released watchOS 7.2, macOS 11.1 Big Sur and tvOS 14.3 with performance improvements and bug fixes!