Apple has released watchOS 8.0.1 build number 19R354, with bug fixes and improvements for all compatible Apple Watches. This is the first update since the release of watchOS 8, three weeks ago. It’s a minor software update that focuses on Apple Watch Series 3 issues!
watchOS 8.0.1 Download
- In the My Watch tab, browse for General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install, or be patient until watchOS 8.0.1 is automatically downloaded.
- Tap Install to confirm that you want to update and be patient until the new software is verified and deployed on the wrist-worn device!
Tips: Apple Watch has to be attached to the MagSafe charger and nearby the paired iPhone. Both devices have to be connected to Wi-Fi. The installation starts when the watch has at least 50% battery charge.
Fact: The watchOS 8.0.1 update file is 114 MB large. Size might differ depending on AW model and the watchOS version that you’re updating from.
watchOS 8.0.1 Release Notes
The update log mentions two Apple Watch Series 3 related bug fixes. It also claims ‘improvements for your Apple Watch’, confirming that under-the-hood changes might enhance the watchOS 8 experience.
Fact: Apple also mentions that security content for this update is provided on its support website. However, as seen in the screenshot provided above, this update has ‘No published CVE entries’.
watchOS 8.0.1 Bug Fixes
- Software update progress not displaying properly for Apple Watch 3 users.
- Accessibility settings not available for Apple Watch 3 owners.
Other day-one watchOS 8 problems covered by us are listed below. Can you confirm a fix for any of them?
- Time not updating when wrist is down, in Always On mode.
- Dismiss new Message notification not accurate when pressing.
- Activity Rings disappearing from Watch Face randomly.
watchOS 8.0.1 Features
Apple doesn’t mention any new additions in this release, however minor changes might be available. Do let us know if you notice anything new and we will update your findings here.
Have you updated Apple Watch to watchOS 8.0.1? Did you spot any changes not mentioned in this article? Use the comments section and share your feedback.