Last updated on October 16th, 2021 at 04:20 amPosted in News by Patricia on October 12, 2021
Apple has released iOS 15.0.2 build number 19A404, with bug fixes and security updates for all compatible iPhones. This release comes exactly one week after the rollout of iOS 15.0.1 and patches a series of issues that have surfaced since the public release of iOS 15!
iOS 15.0.2 Download
- This updated is available over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install, provide your Passcode and be patient until iOS 15.0.2 is downloaded and prepared for update.
- Tap Install Now, or wait until the timer elapses to allow the installation to begin. The update is verified.
- Next, the iPhone screen turns black, a white Apple logo is displayed in the middle of the screen along with the installation progress bar.
- iPhone automatically restarts to mark the end of the update process.
Fact: The iOS 15.0.2 update file is 500.8 MB large. Size varies depending on iPhone model and the iOS version that you’re upgrading from.
iOS 15.0.2 Release Notes
Apple informs that this update ‘includes bug fixes and important security updates’ for your iPhone. The complete list of the issues fixes is available below, in the bug fixes section.
Fact: To check the security content of this update, use the screenshot uploaded here or visit Apple’s support website!
iOS 15.0.2 Bug Fixes
- Photos saved from Messages could be removed after deleting the source conversation thread.
- iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe doesn’t connect to Find My app.
- AirTag not appearing in the Find My Items tab.
- CarPlay crashing when opening audio apps or disconnects during playback.
- Device restore or update could fail when using Finder / iTunes for iPhone 13 models.
iOS 15.0.2 Bugs
Besides the problems reported as fixed in the release notes, over the past few weeks, we’ve covered a bunch of day-one iOS 15 problems. They’re listed below as we’re testing them out to see of they’ve been fixed in iOS 15.0.2 even though they were not mentioned in the update log:
- Facebook Messenger videos flicker during playback. (Update: Fixed by Facebook with an update available in the App Store!)
- Safari videos black screen during playback.
- iPhone storage calculations not accurate.
- iOS 15 touchscreen issues, device requiring repeated taps for the input to register.
- Notifications not working for various stock and third-party apps
Are you experiencing new issues in iOS 15.0.2? Use the comments section to mention them. We will replicate them and try to find workarounds. A list has been opened here:
- FaceTime crashes when picking up calls. (Not confirmed)
- Do Not Disturb until I leave this location not working. DND doesn’t disable itself automatically after you leave. (iOS 15 bug, not isolated to iOS 15.0.2)
Workaround: Discussed here!
- Safari not loading web browser games properly. Game crashing every couple of minutes.
Workaround: Not available yet.
iOS 15.0.2 Features
Apple doesn’t mention any new features in the release notes. However, minor changes might still have passed under the radar. If you spot anything new please use the comments section and let us know. We will update all changes here:
- To be updated.
Have you updated iPhone to iOS 15.0.2? Did you spot any other changes not mentioned in this article? Use the comments section to share your feedback.