Last updated on October 15th, 2021 at 12:18 pmPosted in Reviews by Miika on September 15, 2021
The Apple Watch Series 7 has been unveiled alongside the iPhone 13 lineup during the California Streaming keynote. It packs the largest display build on a watchOS device. Apple also markets it as the most durable Apple Watch ever. It includes breakthrough health innovations!
Apple Watch Series 7 Features
- Most durable Apple Watch ever – Crack Resistant (50% thicker front crystal with robust geometry), Dust Resistant (IP6X), Water Resistant (WR 50 – up to 50 meters)
- Larger always-on Retina display that’s 80% brighter indoors.
- All-day battery life.
- Fast charing (0 to 80% in 45 minutes) thanks to the new USB-C cable included in the box.
- watchOS 8 brings a fully optimized UI and includes Series 7 watch faces, Mindfulness app, Car keys and home keys.
- Full keyboard for text input with QuickPath support.
- ECG and Blood Oxygen apps.
- A new World Time watch face.
- New Pilates and Tai Chi workouts.
- The Apple Watch 7 is able to track your respiratory rate during sleep.
- AW 7 is able to detect when you start cycling and suggest starting a workout.
- Fall detection during cycling and other workouts is also available.
Apple Watch 7 Release Date
Delayed production has caused Apple to release the Apple Watch later, almost three weeks after the iPhone 13 Series!
The AW 7 pre-orders have started on Friday, October 8!
The first Apple Watch Series 7 units have started arriving on Friday, October 15! The devices have become available for in-store pickup today too!
Apple Watch Series 7 Specs
Because the AW 7 won’t be sold alongside the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro, Apple hasn’t provided too many details about the specs. We will update them here as soon as they become available.
Tip: Until then you can take a realistic look at the Apple Watch Series 7 thanks to the AR technology. Tap here using Safari on an iPhone and iPad and you can project the AW 7 in AR on your desk or nearby table. Switch between AR and Object to check it out in detail.
Apple Watch 7 Colors
It comes in five new aluminum finishes: Green, Blue, Starlight, Midnight and Product RED.
Fact: The aluminum in the Apple Watch Series 7 is 100% recyclable.
Other Materials: the Series 7 is also available in titanium and stainless steel finishes.
Apple Watch 7 vs 6 vs 5 Screen Comparison
Fact: When compared to the Series 6 the Apple Watch 7 gains screen size mainly because of reduced bezels, with the actual physical size of the chassis not increasing too much!
Apple Watch 7 Pricing
Apple Watch 7 & Fitness+
Apple provides 3 months of free Fitness+ membership for every Apple Watch bought!
Apple Watch Series 7 Video
Last but not least you should check out Apple’s official AW 7 intro video and have a better understanding of its new features:
Do you plan to upgrade to the Apple Watch Series 7? Which features convince you to go for it? Use the comments section and share your feedback!
Related: Also check out the main iPhone 13 features!