Last updated on January 9th, 2023 at 02:18 amPosted in Bug Fixes by Mike on December 20, 2022
Confirm iPhone Passcode keeps popping up on iPhone or iPad after iOS 16 update? You’re asked to confirm your Passcode to continue using iCloud, over and over again? You’re not alone!
Confirm iPhone Passcode iOS 16 Notification
This unexpected behavior has been reported by Carl:
“Confirm iPad passcode to keep using iCloud keeps showing over and over again after this update! Can anyone help?”
We couldn’t replicate the issue but have found similar reports on:
“Ever since I upgraded to 16.3 beta 1, I am constantly getting prompts to confirm my passcode to continue using iCloud.”
- Apple’s Discussion forums:
“I’m getting an alert in settings asking me to confirm my iPhone passcode. It says that I recently changed my passcode but I haven’t. I’ve been using the same passcode for years.”
How To Fix Confirm iPhone Passcode Keeps Popping Up
The entire Confirm iPhone Passcode notification reads:
“Confirm your iPhone passcode to keep using iCloud. You recently changed the passcode you use to unlock this iPhone. This passcode also protects access to data stored in iCloud.”
However, you never actually changed your iPhone or iPad passcode? Did you recently change your Apple ID password?
Here is what you can do to troubleshoot:
1. Remove Configuration Profile
This unexpected behavior can be triggered by a configuration profile, such as a beta profile, that’s installed on your device. Remove it and let us know if the issue continues:
- 1. Open Settings and go to General.
- 2. Scroll for VPN & Device Management.
- 3. Tap the Configuration Profile.
- 4. Go for Remove Profile and restart your device.
(Update, January 9)
2. Check Payment Info
Apparently, an expired card can trigger the Confirm iPhone Passcode request. Check your payment info and remove old cards:
- 1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID.
- 2. Go for Payment & Shippping.
- 3. Review the available Payment Methods and update or remove expired cards.
3. Change iPhone Passcode
If the problem persists the next step is to reconfigure your iPhone Passcode:
- 1. Go for Settings -> Face ID & Passcode.
- 2. Enter current passcode.
- 3. Scroll for Change Passcode.
- 4. Enter your old passcode.
- 5. Enter your new passcode.
Have you managed to fix confirm iPhone passcode to continue using iCloud notification on iPhone or iPad? Do you have a better solution or other problems to report? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: For more iOS 16.2 issues and available fixes check our extended review.