Are you looking for a way to hide the MacBook Pro notch? You can do this by setting a black menu bar. It works with any macOS Monterrey wallpaper. The black bar conceals the notch! It can be easily done with the help of a free third-party app called TopNotch!
How to Hide MacBook Pro Notch
- 1. All that you have to do is download the TopNotch.dmg file (direct link) on your computer.
- 2. Click on the downloaded file available in Downloads, to open the TopNotch installer.
- 3. Drag & drop the TopNotch thumbnail on top of the Applications folder.
- 4. Double-click on TopNotch and confirm that you want to Open the app installer. Agree with the TopNotch terms.
- 5. The TopNotch icon is displayed in the menu bar. Click it.
- 6. Next, click the toggle to Enable TopNotch to automatically add black bar to your wallpaper.
Fact: You can also enable it for dynamic wallpapers, using the appropriate checkbox!
Credits: for this free macOS Software to Reddit user lukaszmtw.
Hiding MacBook Notch Video Demo
Still unsure how this works. Watch the the following example:
M1 MacBook Pro Rounded Corners
The TopNotch app can also display your macOS Monterey wallpaper with rounded corners.
Just tick the checkbox next to ‘Round corners’ and you will notice the difference!
MacBook Black Menu Bar
This app isn’t useful only for the new MacBook Pro M1 models, but also for any other macOS device. The software makes your menu bar black not matter if the device comes with a notch or not!
The same goes for the Rounded Corners option.
Are you planning to hide MacBook notch or you want to live with it? Do you plan to use this app? Having any questions? Use the comments section!
Related: Check out these 10 hilarious MacBook Pro notch memes that surfaced after Apple unveiled their 2021 notebook flagships!