Apple has unveiled the new MacBook Pro M1 during the Unleashed event keynote. The new notebooks are powered by the revolutionary M1 Pro or the M1 Max Apple Silicone chips. Let’s take a look at the main features, specs and pricing for the 2021 flagships!
MacBook Pro M1 Features
The main 2021 MacBook Pro features highlighted by Apple are:
- Two chip options: M1 Pro and M1 Max (both much more powerful than the M1 and any other notebook chipset on the market)
- Two display sizes 16″ and 14-inch.
- 120Hz ProMotion Liquid Retina XDR display.
- Up to 8 TB of storage space.
- Up to 64 GB of memory.
- Performance: Up to 3.7x faster CPU, Up to 13x faster GPU
- Up to 21 hours of battery life.
- Advanced thermal architecture for easy and silent cooling.
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera (included in a controversial iPhone-like notch)
- Six-speaker sound system with spatial audio.
- Study quality mics.
- Magic Keyboard (No touch bar, full-size function keys and Touch ID ring).
- Additional Ports: HDMI, Thunderbolt 4 & SDXC (for SD cards)
- MagSafe 3 charging compatibility
- Can be connected to up to 4 external displays and can drive over 75 million pixels!
Fact: The new MacBook Pro M1 ship with macOS Monterey pre-installed!
MacBook Pro M1 Chips
Apple has unveiled two new M1 chips. Each of them can be ordered on the new 14-inch or 16-inch MacBook Pro. Below you can check their details features and performances.
M1 Pro Features
M1 Max Features
M1 Pro vs M1 Max vs Other Chips CPU Performance vs Power Graph
M1 Max vs Other Chips GPU Performance vs Power Graph
MacBook Pro M1 Pricing
The cheapest MacBook Pro M1 retails for $1999. It’s the 14-inch model powered by the M1 Pro chip.
If you want to grab the 14-inch M1 Mac MacBook Pro you have to pay between $200 and $400 extra.
The start price for the 16-inch M1 Pro MacBook is $2499, while the 1TB MacBook Pro M1 Max sells for $3499.
What do you think about the new MacBook Pro M1? Are you planning to purchase it? Share your feedback in the comments section.
Related: You can get into the 2021 MacBook Pro grove right away by downloading the new MacBook pro wallpapers!