How To Hide My Email On iPhone, iPad & Mac With iCloud+
iOS 15, iPadOS 15 and macOS Monterey come with a new Hide My Email feature that allows you to conceal your email address when interacting with websites and apps across the web. This new privacy option is available with iCloud+ (iCloud Plus), Apple’s premium version for iCloud.
What Is Hide My Email?
This new iCloud feature allows you to create random email addresses that forward to a personal email address that you choose.
Hide My Email allows you to interact with various apps, websites and business without disclosing your real email address.
How To Enable Hide My Email
To be able to set up random email addresses with Hide My Email you need to be an iCloud+ subscriber:
- Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Go for iCloud.
- Tap on Hide My Email.
- Go for Subscribe to iCloud+
Fact: The iCloud+ splash screen will be displayed if you’re not yet a subscriber. You’re informed about the services included in the Plus package: Private Relay, additional iCloud Storage, Hide My Email and HomeKit Secure Video.
Fact: If you’re already paying for additional iCloud storage, you automatically become an iCloud+ subscriber in iOS 15. More, Apple One membership is also covering the iCloud+ package.
How To Create A New Address In Hide My Email
- Open Hide My Email in Settings and tap on Create New Address.
- A random address is displayed. Tap Use Different Address to see another suggestion.
- Tap Continue when you decided for one of the three options.
- Label Your Address. This will help you to easier identify it. An optional note is also available.
- Tap Done to end the process. That’s it!
Tip: There are 3 suggestions available, that rotate in a loop every time you press the Use Different Address option.
How To Use A Random Hide My Email Address
You can use the randomly created email address whenever you send an email from the stock Mail app, or when you sign up for a new account on a website, in Safari.
Simply tap the email field on any sign up form and you will get the Hide My Email suggestion on top of the iOS keyboard.
Tap it and a random email is generated by iCloud+.
Tip: You can also use an email address that you’ve already created!
How To Change Hide My Email Forward To Address
To edit the email account that receives all the email addresses forwarded by Hide My Email and Sign In with Apple proceed as follows:
- Browse for Settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud -> Hide My Email.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and tap on Forward To.
- Select one of the available email addresses.
Tip: If the desired email account isn’t listed you can add it in Settings -> Mail -> Accounts.
How To Deactivate A Hide My Email Address
If you encountered a spammy website or web service and want to stop receiving junk emails from it, you can deactivate the random email address that has been assigned to it:
– Tap on the Label in question for the random email listed on the Hide My Email home screen and use the Deactivate Email Address option.
– Or, browse the Sign in with Apple records for that account and deactivate the Forward To option.
Are you planning to use Hide My Email on iPhone, iPad or Mac? Why? Are you already using it? What’s your feedback? Use the comments section and let us know.
Related: How to set up iCloud Custom Email Aliases for the Mail app!