In this article we’ll focus on a hidden new iOS 14 feature that allows users to capture mirrored Selfies. You might be aware that the viewfinder displays a mirrored image when you use the front facing iPhone camera, but the captured photo end up displaying properly, because iOS adjusts it by default. However, if you want to end up with a mirrored shot you can tweak a hidden iOS 14 setting.
How To Mirror iPhone Front Camera
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Scroll for Camera and tap on it.
3. In the ‘Composition’ section, enable the Mirror Front Camera option.
4. Open the Camera app and tap on the Camera switch (bottom-right corner), to switch for the Selfie Camera.
5. Tap the Shutter button! That’s it, you’ve just snapped your first mirrored selfie!
Fact: Don’t forget to disable the ‘Mirror Front Camera’ setting, to go back to normal shooting mode.
Tip For Perfect iPhone Mirror Selfies
To perfectly frame the mirrored selfie that you plan to shoot on your iPhone you should also enable the viewfinder Grid feature:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Browse for Camera.
3. Enable the Grid option, by toggling the nearby switch to the ON position.
Fact: The Grid view can be used for most iPhone photo shooting modes because it provides useful guidance for perfectly framing a subject of your picture.
Do you plan to use the new iOS 14 mirrored selfie feature? Let us know in the comments section available below.
Related: Did you know that you can soot selfies in Portrait Mode on iPhone? What about the 5 ways of capturing a selfie without using the shutter button?