You can finally post on Instagram from Mac, PC, laptop or any other desktop computer. This new feature is available thanks to the most recent Instagram update, that now allows users to post pictures from a web browser.
How to Post On Instagram From Computer
Wether you own a macOS device or a Windows computer, the steps are identical:
- Open Instagram.com in your Mac or PC web browser. It can be Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or whatever.
- Sign-in using your Instagram account.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon, available in the top-right corner of the home screen. It should be placed between the Inbox and Explore icons.
- Select a photo or more from your computer.
- Add Filters, Captions, Location and/or Tag People.
- Post the content!
Instagram Post From Computer Not Available?
If you don’t get the new post (‘+’) icon, in the top-right corner of the screen, it means that the Instagram posts from desktop feature isn’t available yet in your location.
Tip: Try again later, in a couple of hours or next few days!
Instagram Posting From Browser On iPhone and iPad
First of all, iPad users can’t currently post on Instagram because there’s no Instagram app for iPadOS.
Secondly, iPhone users might prefer Instagram web posting because they can easily disable ads.
How To Use Instagram Without Ads On iPhone
- Open Instagram.com in Safari, using Private Mode.
- Accept only technical cookies.
- Sign In with the help of the iOS AutoFill feature. (Only works if you saved your IG account details in Passwords)
- Browse and post the same way as you do it from the app.
Tip: If you plan to stick with the Instagram web interface you should consider offloading the Instagram app from your iPhone.
Else, you will be always prompted to Open the Instagram via your app. An ‘Open in the Instagram app’ suggestion banner will be displayed at the top of the screen.
What do you think about the new Instagram post from desktop feature? Is it available in your region? Are you actively using it? Share your feedback in the comments section.
Related: Do you know that you can hide the like count on Instagram?