AirPods 3 Features, Specs And Pricing (vs AirPods Pro)
Last updated on October 23rd, 2021 at 07:08 amPosted in Reviews by Mike on October 19, 2021
Apple has unveiled the 3rd AirPods generation during the Unleashed event keynote. The AirPods 3 features are appealing and in this article we take a look at the specs, pricing and everything that you need to know before deciding wether to purchase them or not.
AirPods 3 Features
The main features highlighted by Apple during the AirPods 3 keynote are:
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking is perhaps the most important upgrade coming to the AirPods 3rd generation.
- Dolby Atmos for Apple Music is also supported.
- All-new design that can be noticed in the uploaded images.
- Force sensor has been added to the AirPods 3 for optimal touch controls for music playback and answering calls.
- Adaptive EQ is also a great new feature that is able to adapt music playback to the user’s ear.
- Sweat and water resistance is great news for those of us that like to workout while wearing AirPods.
- New Apple custom driver that helps the AirPods 3 to provide improved quality for FaceTime calls.
- Announce Notifications with Siri is now also available for the 3rd AirPods generation.
- MagSafe charging has been expanded to the AirPods 3 along with longer battery life.
- Magical setup allows you to instantly connect your AirPods to all devices that you’ve set up on your current Apple ID.
- The AirPods 3 received extended Find My Network compatibility.
AirPods 3 Missing Features
Are there any features that you would have loved to have on the 3rd generation? Use the comments section and let us know. We start the list:
- Active Noise Cancellation not available. Only compatible with AirPods Pro and AirPods Max.
- Transparency Mode is missing too.
- Conversation Boost enabled with the 4A400 firmware update is also not available because of hardware limitations.
- Vent system for pressure equalization, available on the AirPods Pro is also missing, according to Apple.com
- Lossless Audio not supported. That would not have been expected either because there are no Bluetooth headphones on the market that are compatible with Lossless.
AirPods 3 Specs
Height: 1.21 inches (30.79 mm)
Width: 0.72 inch (18.26 mm)
Depth: 0.76 inch (19.21 mm)
Weight: 0.15 ounce (4.28 grams)
MagSafe Charging Case
Height: 1.83 inches (46.40 mm)
Width: 2.14 inches (54.40 mm)
Depth: 0.84 inch (21.38 mm)
Weight: 1.34 ounces (37.91 grams)
AirPods 3 Pricing
The 3rd gen AirPods retail for $179!
Apple currently sells four AirPods models:
1. AirPods 2 ($129)
2. AirPods 3 for
($179) – Now on Sale $174.99, available on Amazon.
3. AirPods Pro for
($249) – Now On Sale ($197), -21% off on Amazon.
4. AirPods Max ($549)
Disclaimer: iPhoneTricks.org has an affiliate partnership with Amazon. If you purchase a product after clicking the above link, you will help us receive a small commission that allows us to cover website costs.
AirPods 3 vs AirPods Pro
This comparison is simple! Basically, the AirPods 3 have everything that the AirPods Pro have, excepting Active Noice Cancellation (ANC), Transparency Mode (TM), Conversation Boost and Vent system for pressure equalization.
AirPods 3 vs AirPods Pro Battery Comparison
In addition they come with a considerable better battery life: 6 hours vs 4.5 hours. With the case the difference grows: 30 hours vs 24 hours. For talk time we have 20 vs 18 hours
The AirPods 3 are also missing the silicone tips, but many won’t regret them because some users have been complaining about ear irritation caused by these fitting buds.
The AirPods 3rd gen also come with a MagSafe charging case. However, the AirPods Pro retailing now have been also updated to a MagSafe compatible case.
Finally the AirPods 3 vs AirPods Pro pricing is $179 v $249. You can now decide which one suits you best!
What do you think about the new AirPods 3? Do you plan to buy them or you prefer the AirPods Pro? Use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: In iOS 15 you can add background sounds when listening to music via AirPods. Left behind notifications are also available!
They suddenly sound low although volume is up! Any idea what I could do to fix?
Thanks for mentioning. You might have to clean them. Earwax could be the culprit. We’ve provided more details here: