Save as Video not available for Live Photo in iOS 16? Option missing in the Share menu of the Photos app, after you updated iPhone to iOS 16, 16.1 or 16.1.1? Fortunately, it’s still available but has been relocated!
Save as Video Not Available iOS 16?
This issue has been reported by Jennifer (iPhone 12 Pro):
“iOS 16.1.1, I no longer have option to save Live Photos as video.”
“Save As Video Option Gone from Live Photos in iOS 16.”
“Can no longer save live photos as videos or duplicate them since updating to iOS 16.”
How To Live Photo To Video in iOS 16
- 1. Open Photos.
- 2. Browse to the live photo that you want to convert to video.
- 3. Tap the three-dots within a circle, top-tight corner of the screen.
- 4. Go for Save as Video.
Fact: Video is created and available as the most recent media in the Photos app.]
Tip: Duplicate Live Photo option has been relocated to the same menu!
How To Save As Video Multiple Live Photos
The old Save as Video option in the Share menu was allowing users to select and convert to movie clips multiple live photos at once.
- Open Photos app and tap on the Albums tab.
- Scroll for the Live Photos folder.
- Tap Select and check the live pictures that you want to convert to video files.
- Tap the three encircled dots, this time in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Go for Save as Video. That’s it the new clips are available in Recents!
Fact: Apparently, Save as Video is not available if you select 4 or more live photos. Are you experiencing the same?
Have you managed to save Live Photo as video in iOS 16? Do you have a better solution or other issues to report? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: For more iOS 16.1.1 problems and the available workarounds check our detailed review available here.