Nevertheless, neglecting iOS 11 isn’t recommended. If you haven’t done it already I recommend you to upgrade to iOS 11.4! Your iPhone / iPad will receive AirPlay 2 support for HomePod stereo pairs as well as the option to sync the Messages app with your iCloud. Of course, that the traditional bug fixes and improvements are also present in this 330 MB large update.
How To Upgrade To iOS 11.4
As usual the most quick and easy way is to upgrade over-the-air:
1. Tap on Settings on your iPhone / iPad Home screen.
2. Browse for General -> Software Update.
3. Tap on Download and Install.
4. Agree with the Terms and provide your Passcode.
5. Be patient until the new software is installed and your iPhone reboots.
iOS 11.4 Full Update Log
The most important additions have been mentioned above. But besides being able to access your chats from the iCloud and AirPlay to the HomePod stereo pairs there are plenty of other changes and fixes available in the full update log presented in the video below: