watchOS 9.3 Problems, Issues, Bug Fixes, New Features & More
Last updated on January 25th, 2023 at 01:33 amPosted in News by Patricia on January 23, 2023
Apple has released watchOS 9.3 update (20S648) for Apple Watch Series 4 and later! Here are all the new features, bug fixes, known issues as well as new problems!
watchOS 9.3 Issues
Check out new bugs and ongoing problems along with their workarounds, before you decide to update:
- 1. Apple Watch battery draining fast issue continues? Reported by Cathy.
Fix: Same issue was reported for watchOS 9.2. These are the suggested fixes!
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 9.3 Features
Looking to see what’s new in this version? There’s a single new feature highlighted in the release notes. Apple does mention of ‘other improvements’, which most likely are under-the-hood :
- 1. New Unity Mosaic watch face, that comes to match the new iOS 16.3 Unity wallpaper. Both honor Black history and culture during the Black History Month!
Other changes reported by users are tracked here:
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 9.3 Bugs Fixed
The release notes mention bug fixes, but there isn’t a single one presented. Below you can find issues addressed by Apple and reported by readers:
- 1. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Security Fixes: Apple has also patched several vulnerabilities in this update. You can check them all in this support document.
watchOS 9.3 Update
This update is available, over-the-air, in the Watch app on the paired iPhone:
- In the My Watch tab, go for General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install, provide your iPhone’s passcode and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed!
Tip: Apple Watch has to be connected to its charger and battery level should be above 50% for the installation to start!
Have you installed watchOS 9.3 RC on Apple Watch? Help us cover all changes, improvements, issues as well as bug fixes! Use the comments section!
Related: Apple has also released iOS 16.3 & iPadOS 16.3 (20D47), macOS Ventura 13.2 (22D49), tvOS 16.3 (20K650) and HomePod 16.3.
Does this update fix the last one that killed the battery in less that 10 hrs? My watch battery lasted nearly 24 hrs the day before but just unpaired and restarted both to try to undo that issue. Don’t want to download another crappy update.
We’re still testing it out. Battery appears to be decent though. Waiting for other opinions though.
My 3rd party charging stand stopped working with a device not supported message. Strange how yesterday with os 9.2 it was working just fine.
Thanks for sharing. Have you tried to reboot your Apple Watch?
I can’t turn my passcode off now! Also, the first alarm that went off after the update and being forced to set a passcode, it wasn’t a silent alarm on my watch Lille normal but rather the ringtone.
Thanks for sharing.
1. You mean that in the Watch app on the paired iPhone you go for Passcode -> Turn Passcode Off and it doesn’t work?
2. In the same app go for Sounds & Haptics and check if Silent Mode is enabled. However, you’re informed that Silent Mode won’t mute alarms and timers while Apple Watch is charging.
My Apple Watch 7 screen doesn’t stay on since the 9.3 update. I wish I could roll back. I have tried a hard reset of the watch
Thanks for reporting. Have you checked for Theater Mode?
My Apple Watch Series 5 44mm cellular is having issues when placed on the charger, which I think is damaging the battery. When placed on the charger it will flash the usual battery level and begin charging. Then about every 30 seconds it will do it again but it will then show the watch face and then the login keypad, go black and start the process over every 30 seconds or so. This started with the update. Any ideas. I have taken a video but there is no place to upload that I can see. Thanks for any help.
Hi. Please send the video to contact[at]iphonetricks.org. Are you using a genuine Apple charger?
I will send the video this evening. Yes I’m using a genuine charger and this started immediately after update to 9.2. Then I updated to 9.3 hoping this would fix it, but no luck. Thanks so much for the rapid response. Video on its way.
Thanks for the video. This happens only when battery reaches 100% charge, or during the entire charging process?
I think so now, but not while in 9.2. It happened the entire time after 9.2. And I was just lucky 9.3 came out a couple days later.
Hello, are you still helping me with this issue?
It seems like an isolated issue as there aren’t any other similar reports. It might be a hardware problem. Have you had your watch checked out?
When I try to turn off my watch after downloading 9.3 by holding down the long button on right it call 911 now! How do I reboot watch after 9.3?
You have two options:
1. Force reboot: Digital Crown + Power button press & hold simultaneously until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.
2. Press & hold Side button until de Emergeny Call screen comes up. Tap the round shutdown button in the top-right corner of the screen. Swipe the Power Off slider to the right.
I can confirm that is is happening while charging.