Apple has rolled out watchOS 9.6 beta build number 20U5527c for Developers and Public Beta testers! Take a look at the new features, bug fixes, as well as new or ongoing problems!
watchOS 9.6 Beta Features
Changes and enhancements reported in this version are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 9.6 Beta Issues
Ongoing problems, as well as new bugs are collected here, together with available workarounds:
- 1. Green tint on Apple Watch screen in Control Center, Notification Center and Passcode screen persists (confirmed on Reddit)!
Fact: This bug was initially reported after the watchOS 9.5 update.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 9.6 Beta Bugs Fixed
Problems addressed in this update are highlighted here:
- 1. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: More info about known issues and bugs fixed are available in Apple’s Developer release notes.
watchOS 9.6 Beta Download
- This update is available, over-the-air, in the Watch app on the paired iPhone!
- Go for General -> Software Update as long as the watchOS 9 Developer Beta Profile is installed on your device!
- Tap Download and Install.
Tip: Never installed a watchOS beta on your Apple Watch? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you installed 9.6 Beta 1? Noticed any changes or improvements not mentioned in this article? What about bug fixes or new problems! Use the comments section!
Related: Apple has also released iOS 16.6 beta / iPadOS 16.6 beta (20G5026e), macOS Ventura 13.5 beta (22G5027e), tvOS 16.6 beta (20M5527e) and HomePod 16.6 beta!