Last updated on May 20th, 2022 at 08:15 amPosted in TILs by Mike on May 18, 2022
Do you know that you can now check HomePod WiFi signal strength on iPhone, iPad or Mac? All this thanks to new functionality added by the recently released iOS 15.5, HomePod 15.5 and macOS 12.4 software updates.
How To Check HomePod WiFi Signal Strength
- 1. Long-press the HomePod card available on the Home app home screen.
- 2. Scroll a couple of times until you reach the end of the HomePod card.
- 3. Tap on the Wi-Fi Address field as shown in the above screenshot. It will unveil the Wi-Fi Network name and signal strength.
Fact: You can repeat the same steps on your iPad.
Tip: Remember that your devices have to run the above mentioned software versions or later. Else, only the WiFi network name will be shown, without the signal strength.
HomePod WiFi Signal Tutorial
Check out our YouTube shorts video for a detailed how to demo:
Open Home from the Dock or via Spotlight search:
- Right-click the HomePod card and go for Settings.
- Scroll all the way to the Wi-Fi Address section.
- Click on it and the network name along with HomePod WiFi signal strength will be displayed.
This is how you can check your HomePod’s WiFi signal and see if connectivity is the reason why music playback is cutting out, or Siri experiences big latency.
Related: Siri not responding on your HomePod or HomePod mini? Here is how you might be able to fix it!