iPadOS 17 build number 21A329 is available for all compatible iPads! It’s a major update that brings lots of new features, changes and improvements! We try to cover them all here along with issues, bugs and their workarounds!
iPadOS 17 Issues
- 1. Universal Control not working after iPadOS 17 update for a Reddit user.
- 2. Apple Music animated covers not working for some users.
Fix: Turn off Increase Contrast in Settings -> Accessibility -> Display & Text Size. More info here.
- 3. iMessage not working is an iOS 17 issue reported by some users. Issue seems to fix itself after some time.
- 4. Face ID not working properly for some users after iOS 17 update.
- 5. FaceTime not working, greyed out in Settings. Reported by Mateo.
- 6. AirTag sharing not working is another iOS 17 issue reported by Xavi.
- 7. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 17 Features
It comes with a revamped Lock Screen that supports the new interactive widgets and many other features also included in iOS 17!
Fact: Apple’s PDF document that included all iOS 17 features and changes is available here.
iPadOS 17 Bugs Fixed
Issues addressed in this release are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Tip: More info can be also found in the Developer release notes.
iPadOS 17 Download
This update is available over-the-air:
- 1. Open Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 2. iPadOS 17 will show up on the Software Update screen.
- 3. Tap Download and Install if you run an iOS 16.x version or Update Now if you’re already running an iOS 17 beta version!
- 4. Agree with ToS, input Passcode and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Have you installed iPadOS 17 on iPad? What’s your favorite new feature? Do you encounter problems or have questions? Share your feedback in the comments!