Apple has released tvOS 16.3 build number 20K650, which is the same build as the RC, although it comes one day later than expected and one day sooner than rescheduled!
tvOS 16.3 Update
This update is available, over-the-air for the Apple TV 4K, 4K (2nd. gen) and HD:
- 1. Open Settings app on your Apple TV and go to System.
- 2. Go for Software Update.
- 3. Pick Download and Install when the 16.3 (20K650) update shows up on your screen.
Tip: Considering that Apple hesitated with releasing this update and then released the same build as the RC, makes us recommend you to refrain from updating until we start receiving more feedback!
tvOS 16.3 Issues
Ongoing problems and new bugs reported by users are tracked here, along with available workarounds:
- 1. Remote jumps two positions for every button press when scrolling left or right through the music gallery view in the Computers app (Media / Home Sharing music from a Mac). Reported by Demigod Mac.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 16.3 Features
Apple’s release notes for this update mention the classic ‘general performance and stability improvements’ statement.
Changes and improvements reported by users are tracked here:
- 1. New Apple Home Architecture re-release suggested by Sigmund J.
- 2. Improved Dolby Atmos output (Not confirmed yet.)
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 16.3 Bugs Fixed
Problems addressed in this update are highlighted below:
- 1. Bluetooth accessory stability fixes as suggested by Sigmund J.
- 2. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: More info about resolved issues should be available in Apple’s Developer release notes. However, they’re currently blank!
Security Fixes: Apple has just updated the security content for tvOS 16.3, after a 3-hour-long delay, which proves one more time that this release did not go according to plan! 10 vulnerabilities have been patched. Check them out here!
Have you installed tvOS 16.3 on Apple TV? What’s your feedback? Are you encountering any new problems? Have the old bugs been fixed? Share your feedback in the comments!