Last updated on October 23rd, 2022 at 07:31 amPosted in News by Mike on September 12, 2022
Apple has released tvOS 16 build number 20J373 with a series of new features. New bugs might also come in bulk in this initial release. Check out all the enhancements as well as reported issues alongside available fixes!
tvOS 16 Update
- This major release is available, over-the-air, in Settings -> System -> Software Updates.
- Select Download and Install and be patient until tvOS 16.0 is deployed on your Apple TV.
tvOS 16 Features
- 1. Profiles For Family Members – You can add a profile for each member of your Family Sharing group, to ensure personalized recommendations. Hold the TV button to start.
- 2. Multiple Keyboard Languages – Switch languages quickly when using the onscreen keyboard. You can add more languages in Settings -> General -> Languages.
- 3. Accessibility Updates – Onscreen descriptions are viewable more clearly with Hover Text. New VoiceOver voices available in Settings -> Accessibility.
- To be updated!
Fact: No other new features are mentioned in the Developer release notes.
tvOS 16 Issues
- 1. Apple TV remote app (iOS 16) not able to change TV volume, using iPhone Volume Buttons.
- 2. Shows from Apple TV library stop before finishing and jump to the next episode. Reported by Kye.
- 3. Apple TV remote not recognised by third-party apps. Reported by Jeremy.
- 4. Siri remote disconnecting after every turn Off. Reported by Vipin.
- 5. Update Apple ID Settings required after update. It’s a problem if you used a different Apple ID on your iPhone. Reported by SB.
- 6. High pitched sound when connecting third-party Bluetooth speakers or headphones to Apple TV. Reported by Rebecca.
- 7. TV won’t turn off automatically, when shutting down Apple TV. Reported by Ri.
- 8. Apple TV status light won’t turn off when device is shut down. Reported by Ri.
- 9. Dolby Atmos sound droup-outs on Netflix and other streaming apps. Reported by Reed.
- 10. HDMI Connection issues on Apple TV 4K running tvOS 16. Reported by Ryan.
Temporary Fix: restart Apple TV.
- 11. Apple TV remote battery draining fast after tvOS 16 update. Reported by Vipin.
- 12. YouTube app black screen before a video is played and volume automatically increases, decreases or gets muted. Reported by Brandon.
- 13. Mute button not working on Apple TV remote although status light of the Apple TV flashes when pressed. Reported by SarahCat.
- 14. Switching Audio formats automatically isn’t working. If the audio is set to allow Atmos, any content that is not Atmos encoded results in a stuttering/interference audio effect. Reported by Linesh.
- To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 16 Bug Fixes
tvOS 15 problems solved in this update are mentioned below:
- Dolby Atmos audio stuttering. (Status: ?)
- To be updated!
Fact: Security fixes aren’t available yet. Apple promises to update the security content soon.
Have you installed this update on your Apple TV? What’s your feedback? Do you have any questions or suggestions? Did you spot any changes or problems not mentioned here? Share them in the comments.