Apple TV 4K Audio Cutting Out On Netflix App In tvOS 15.2?
Posted in Bug Fixes by Patricia on December 14, 2021
Is your Apple TV 4K audio cutting out when watching content on the Netflix app? Does this happen after the tvOS 15.2 update? Does the sound stutter shortly after starting playback?
Apple TV Audio Cutting Out Issue
This problem was reported by Ava on our tvOS 15.2 review page:
“Apple tv 4k cutting out audio on Netflix. It only started after this update. Anyone else?”
Are you also experiencing the same issue? Don’t hesitate to mention it in the comments section. Please mention your Apple TV model.
How To Fix Apple TV Audio Cutting Out
Here are a few troubleshooting tips that you can apply:
1. Re-Open Netflix
A temporary workaround for this issue requires you to relaunch Netflix:
- Double-click the Screen icon available on your Siri Remote, or the Apple TV remote on your iPhone, to bring up the Apple TV App Switcher.
- Swipe the Netflix card up to force quit the app.
- Go back to the Launchpad and reopen Netflix.
- Resume video playback. Does this work?
2. Restart Apple TV
If the above doesn’t help, your next step is to reboot your media player:
- Open Settings and go to System -> Restart.
- Open Netflix and resume playback. Is audio still stuttering?
Have you managed to fix Apple TV cutting out audio? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: Apple TV remote not connecting? Here is what you can do to fix it!
Experienced the exact same problem. No solutions other than mentioned.
Apple tv 4k
None of these fixes worked wish I could go ba k to the previous version
Randy please also try the Match Frame Rate setting in Settings -> Video and Audio -> Match Content -> Match Frame Rate. More details here: https://www.iphonetricks.org/how-to-fix-apple-tv-stuttering-video/
Let us know if it helps.