Last updated on December 15th, 2021 at 10:55 amPosted in News by Vlad on December 13, 2021
Apple has released tvOS 15.2 build number 19K53 for Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD. This is the third update since the public release of tvOS 15, in September. It brings new features, changes and improvements!
tvOS 15.2 Download
Apple TVs are set by default to download and install software updates automatically. However, if you disabled automatic updates or don’t want to wait a couple of days until it’s done you can perform it manually:
- Use the Apple TV remote to open Settings -> System -> Software Updates.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Be patient until tvOS 15.2 is downloaded, prepared and installed.
Tip: During the process Apple TV will restart. This is when the No Signal error might be displayed in your smart TV screen. Don’t touch anything. The message will go away by itself once the Apple TV media set finishes the reboot procedure!
tvOS 15.2 Features
However, you can review the changes below thanks to an Apple support document:
“tvOS 15.2 introduces a new Memories experience for Photos, includes a new Store tab in the Apple TV app, brings support for the Apple Music Voice Plan, a new subscription tier designed to access music using Siri, supports additional Siri languages, and adds beautiful new screen savers. This update also includes performance and stability improvements.”
All changes are listed here:
- Photos Memories new interactive interface provides a new way to watch your pictures on the big screen. New animations, transition styles and multiple collages are available. This is a similar update to the iPhone Photos Memories in iOS 15!
Fact: Apple Music subscribers will get songs that combine expert recommendations with your personal music preferences that fit to the photos and videos displayed.
- Apple TV app gets a new Store tab that combines browse, buy and rent option for popular movies and TV shows.
- Apple Music Voice Plan is also available on Apple TV starting with tvOS 15.2. Get Apple Music access via Siri only for just $4.99!
- Siri supports more languages in tvOS 15.2. The new additions are:
– Dutch and French in Belgium.
– Russian in Russia.
– French, German, and Italian in Switzerland.
- New Screen Savers have been added with stunning aerial views of Iceland and Scotland.
Fact: New Aerials will be available more often. You can find them in Settings -> General -> Screen Saver.
tvOS 15.2 Bug Fixes
Although stability improvements are mentioned in the update log, there’s no fix mentioned. If you notice any fix or even new bugs surfacing after this release, use the comments section and let us know.
- Audio not syncing with video issue (Status: Fixed!)
- Apple TV low quality video playback on Netflix. (Status: Not fixed.)
- Black backgrounds flickering on smart TV. (Status: Not fixed.)
- TV app issues when loading a large library. (Status: Not fixed.)
tvOS 15.2 New Bugs
- Apple TV cutting out audio on Netflix app
- Siri remote not working after tvOS 15.2 update.
- Apple TV unexpectedly stops Airplay sessions and returns to Home Screen.
- To be updated.
Have you updated to tvOS 15.2? What’s your feedback? Do you have any questions? Use the comments section!