Last updated on December 3rd, 2021 at 01:51 amPosted in Bug Fixes by Vlad on December 1, 2021
Are you getting the Cannot Set Up This AirTag error when trying to connect an AirTag to iPhone in iOS 15? You click OK and try again but the same thing happens?
Cannot Set Up This AirTag Error
“Your Apple ID cannot add another AirTag until one or more have been removed.”
However, Apple confirmed that it currently allows users to associate up to 16 AirTags with an Apple ID. You haven’t reached that amount yet, but are still prompting with this AirTag setup error!
How To Fix Cannot Set Up This AirTag
- 1. Open Settings on iPhone and browse for Bluetooth.
- 2. Tap the ‘i’ icon next to the AirPods name to bring up the settings menu.
- 3. Use the Forget This Device option to remove AirPods from your Apple ID and put them back into the case.
- 4. Next, bring AirTag nearby iPhone and tap on Connect. The setup should not fail this time and the Bluetooth tracker will be added to your Apple ID and become available in the Find My app.
- 5. After you finish adding all AirTags, get the AirPods out of the case and reconnect them to iPhone. Everything should work now!
(Update, December 3)
Apple ID Limitation!
Apparently, an Apple ID isn’t limited to 16 AirTags, but to 16 items tracked with Find My. All devices and items that are tracked in Find My are taken in account! Including people sharing locations!
Michael informs that the he could only get around the Cannot set up this AirTag error by reducing the number of things tracked by the Find My app to under 15 to be able to connect more AirTags. Does this help you?
Have you managed to fix Cannot Set Up This AirTag error? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: Are you experiencing AirTag interferences with car key fob?