iOS 11.1 Full Release Notes And More
iOS 11.1 has build number 15B93 and is available to all iOS 11 compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, 39 in total. It primarily focuses on bug fixes, like the Reachability patch or the 3D Touch multitasking gestures. It also brings performance improvements, but also adds over 70 new Unicode 10 emoji.
How To Update To iOS 11.1
iOS 11.1 is available over-the-air from the Settings app. Browse for General -> Software Update and tap on Download and Install once the firmware update is detected by your iPhone or iPad. Provide your device’s Passcode, agree with Apple’s terms and be patient until the new software version is downloaded and deployed on your iOS device. The iPhone / iPad will self-reboot before the installation process completes.
Tip: If you used your device to beta test iOS 11, you first have to delete the Beta Configuration Profile from the Settings (General -> Profile) app, force reboot your device, before your iPhone will be able to detect the official iOS 11.1 release!
iOS 11.1 Full Release Notes
The Software Update screen of the iOS 11.1 iteration mentions that 70 new emoji are added along bug fixes and improvements. However you can find the detailed release notes below:
- Over 70 new emoji characters including new food types, animals, mythical creatures, clothing options, more expressive smiley faces, gender-neutral characters and more.
- Resolves an issue that could cause some photos to appear blurry.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Live Photo effects to play back slowly.
- Fixes an issue that could cause some photos to not display in the People album when restoring from an iCloud Backup.
- Fixes an issue that could impact performance when swiping between screenshots.
- Improves braille support for Grade 2 input.
- Improves VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs.
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions for announcing incoming notifications.
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions menu when removing an app from the app switcher.
- Fixes an issue for some users where alternative keys would not display when using VoiceOver with Touch Typing.
- Fixes an issue where the VoiceOver rotor would always return to the default action in Mail.
- Fixes an issue where the VoiceOver rotor would not delete messages.
Other Improvements and Fixes
- Restores support for accessing the App Switcher by pressing on the edge of the display with 3D Touch.
- Fixes an issue that caused cleared Mail notifications to to reappear on the Lock Screen.
- Fixes an issue in enterprise environments that prevented data from being moved between managed apps.
- Fixes and issue with some third-party GPS accessories that caused inaccuracies in location data.
- Resolves and issue where settings for Heart Rate notifications were appearing in the Apple Watch app (1st generation)
- Fixes an issue where app icons were not appearing in notifications on Apple Watch.
Related: You might also be interested in the watchOS 4.1 full release notes!