iPhone 13 Apple Music Bug After Restoring From A Backup
Are you experiencing Apple Music issues after setting up your brand new iPhone 13 with the restore from a backup option? You’re most likely dealing with an Apple Music bug that affects both 2021 iPhone and iPad models. Apple has acknowledged this issue in a recently published support document!
Apple Music Restore From Backup Issues
According to Apple if you choose to set up a new iPhone 13, iPad 9 or iPad 6 mini with the help of a backup restore you might be dealing with a series of Apple Music problems that include:
- No access to the Apple Music catalog.
- Unable to open Apple Music settings.
- Sync Library not available on your new device.
How To Fix iPhone 13 Apple Music Bug
A day one iOS 15.0 security update is available for the iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max. There’s also a similar iPadOS 15.0 update released for iPad 9 and iPad 6 mini. Although the update log doesn’t mention anything about the Music problems, Apple recommends you to update to fix them:
- Open Settings and browse for General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install or Install Now and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Be patient until the update is deployed. Device will automatically restart to mark the end of the process. Are you now able to use Apple Music normally?
How To Avoid iPhone 13 Apple Music Issues
If you manage to read this before setting up your new iPhone or iPad you can proceed as follows to avoid any Apple Music problems:
- 1. Set up iPhone / iPad as new device.
- 2. Perform the iOS 15.0 software update described above.
- 3. Browse for Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Erase All Content and Settings.
- 4. Restore iPhone from a backup!
Apparently, it also works the other way around:
1. Restore iPhone / iPad from a backup.
2. Set up iOS 15, without touching Apple Music.
3. Perform the iOS 15.0 day one software update.
4. Open Apple Music. Does it work as expected?
Have you been hit by any Apple Music problems since upgrading to the iPhone 13? What about any other new bug? Use the comments section to share your feedback!
Related: Other day one iPhone 13 bugs are:
– Unlock iPhone 13 with Apple Watch when wearing a mask is not working because of a communication error!
– Home Screen widgets reset after restoring iPhone 13 from a backup!
More iOS 15 bugs that impact all iPhone models are:
– Storage bug triggers iPhone Storage Almost Full notification, when there’s obviously enough free space available!
– Safari video playback not working in some cases. Here is how to fix the black screen bug!
– Live Text not working on iPhone.