In iOS 15 you can get Notification Summary on iPhone. This allows your iOS device to bundle non-urgent notifications and display them in a summary, on Lock Screen at scheduled times. You can set up one or more daily Notification Summaries, without missing the important stuff. Calls, direct messages and Time Sensitive notifications will go through at any time of day!
How To Turn On Notification Summary
- Open Settings and tap on Notifications.
- Go for Scheduled Summary.
- Tap the switch next to Scheduled Summary to turn it On.
- If you do this for the first time, the iOS 15 Notification Summary splash screen is displayed. Read the details and tap Continue.
- Choose Apps For Your Summary: cherrypick the apps that you want to include in the scheduled summary. Tap Add x Apps when ready.
- Set A Schedule: choose when you want to receive the Notification Summary.
Tip: If you want to get more than one per day, use the Add Summary option.
- Tap on Turn On Notification Summary and review the current setup in Settings.
How To Edit Apps In Notification Summary
If you reconsider and want to remove or add an app to the Notification Summary you can easily change it in Settings. Browse for Notifications -> Scheduled Summary -> Apps in Summary and perform the desired changes.
Fact: You can also easily change the Notification Summary frequency. In the same Settings screen, tap on Deliver Summary and choose how often you want to get the summary. You can pick from once a day (1x) to twelve times a day (12x). Summaries are also labeled by time of day: Morning Summary, Evening Summary and so on.
How To Read Notification Summary
– The Notification Summary becomes available on the Lock Screen at its scheduled delivery time.
– The amount of notifications contained by the summary is displayed in the top-right corner. Tap it to show all notifications in an expanded view.
– The most important notifications are displayed in the forefront the summary. Notifications are bundled by app.
– Tap a notification’s thumbnail to open the app in question and review it in detail.
Tip: The Notification Summary remains available in the Notification Center. To review it later on, just swipe-down from the top-left corner of your iPhone’s screen to unveil it. You can also preview upcoming summaries!
What do you think about the iOS 15 Notification Summary feature? Do you plan to use it? Or you prefer to filter notifications with Focus? Use the comments section to share your feedback!
Related: Other important iOS 15 features that you should check out are:
– How to Drag and Drop items on iPhone.
– How to add Text from Camera and share info even more faster and convenient.
– How to get EXIF Metadata for images in the Photos app.