Last updated on October 15th, 2021 at 03:29 am
Is the incoming calls ring volume too low on iPhone after updating to iOS 15.1 Beta 2? This appears to be a new bug that makes alerts on your device difficult to hear, although the Volume is turned up to the maximum. Restarting iPhone doesn’t seem to help?
Ring Volume Too Low Issue in iOS 15.1 Beta 2
Several iPhoneTricks.org readers have reported this bug in the comments section of our iOS 15.1 Beta 2 review page:
Paul M. informs:
“I have noticed, since update, ring volume on my device is very low despite being turned on max volume.”
“My XS, after updating, the incoming calls ring volume is very low even if Volume setting is set to highest level.”
This issue seems to affect most types of iPhone models updated to iOS 15.1 Beta 2. Mikhail confirms it on iPhone 13 Pro Max, while Ayaad gets it on his iPhone XS.
How To Fix Ring Volume Too Low On iPhone
At the moment, there’s no solution for this problem. You can try to improve it with the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Disable Attention Aware Features
- Open Settings and tap On Accessibility.
- Go for Face ID & Attention, available under the Touch section.
- Turn Off Attention Aware Features if they’re enabled.
- Provide your iPhone Passcode to confirm your action.
2. Ringer & Alerts Maximum Volume
- Open Settings and tap on Sounds & Haptics.
- Drag the Ringer And Alerts Volume slider all the way to the right.
Fact: The preview might sound very loud. Don’t worry because of the iOS 15.1 Ringer Volume bug the iPhone won’t sound too loud when an incoming call alert is generated!
3. Turn Up Media Volume
- Swipe-down from the top-right corner of the screen to bring up the Control Center.
- Use The Media Volume control interface to increase the sound level. Drag the slider up!
Does this help? Have you managed to fix the Ring Volume low bug in iOS 15.1 Beta 2? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section to share your feedback.
Related: Fixes and workarounds for other common iOS 15 bugs are:
– Facebook Messenger videos flickering during playback.
– Safari videos showing black screen during playback.
– Notifications not working for stock apps in iOS 15!
– iOS 15 touchscreen issues
– Leave On notifications keep repeating themselves for the same app.