Last updated on July 30th, 2021 at 01:40 amPosted in News by Patricia on July 19, 2021
Apple has released iOS 14.7 build number 18G69, with support for the recently launched MagSafe Battery Pack, wireless charging accessory that’s compatible with the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. The update can be downloaded over-ther-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
This is the 7th and most likely the last major software update for iOS 14. Apple Developers and Public Beta testers are already working on iOS 15, expected to be released this fall!
How To Update To iOS 14.7
If Automatic Updates are enabled on your iPhone, iOS 14.7 will be downloaded in the next couple of days. There’s always a delay after Apple releases a software update and your device’s ability to detect and auto-download it. That’s intentionally applied by the Cupertino-based tech giant, to avoid server downtime, caused by a large amount of users attempting to update in the same time.
However, you can force your iPhone to look for iOS 14.7, by manually browsing for Settings -> General -> Software Update. The iOS 14.7 update should be displayed on the screen. Tap Download and Install, provide your iPhone’s Passcode, agree with Apple’s terms and follow the usual steps to update to iOS 14.7!
Fact: iOS 14.7 update file is around 918.6 MB large.
iOS 14.7 Features
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for the entire iPhone 12 lineup.
- Apple Card Family now permits users to combine credit limits and share a co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user.
- Home app allows you to manage timers on HomePod.
- Air quality info is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain.
- You can now choose in the Podcasts library to see all shows or only the ones you follow.
iOS 14.7 Bug Fixes
- Solves an issue that was causing Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback to stop unexpectedly.
- Fixes missing ‘Share playlist’ menu option in Apple Music.
- Patches an issue that could cause Braille displays to show invalid information while composing Mail messages.
- Fixes a bug that was causing the battery service message to disappeared after a reboot on some iPhone 11 devices.
iOS 14.7 Release Notes
If you want to check the security content of this software update tap here.
iOS 14.7 Bugs
Have you updated your iPhone to iOS 14.7? Do you notice other changes, fixes or issues that aren’t mentioned in this article? Share your feedback via the comments section and we’ll make your voice heard!
Related: Alongside iOS 14.7, Apple has also released watchOS 7.6, tvOS 14.7 and HomePod 14.7.