iOS 16 Public Beta 3 Problems, Features, Bug Fixes & More
Last updated on October 3rd, 2022 at 04:43 amPosted in News by Patricia on August 9, 2022
Apple has released iOS 16 Public Beta 3 build number 20A5339d one day after the rollout of Developer Beta 5. The two versions are identical and continue to fine tune iOS 16.0 for the public release expected this fall. Check out new problems, features, bug fixes and more before updating.
iOS 16 Public Beta 3 Problems
We’ve covered the new issues reported for this version on our Developer Beta 5 review page:
- 1. iPhone unlock animation lags and stutters on Lock Screen.
Fix: Turn On Reduce Motion in Settings -> Accessibility -> Motion.
- 2. App names and Status bar almost unreadable because they change color to blend with the wallpaper!
Fix: Change Lock Screen, Reboot iPhone.
- 3. iOS 16 default wallpaper crashes when selected on Lock Screen, in the Add New Wallpaper section.
Fix: Restart iPhone
- 4. Notifications won’t unfold on Lock Screen. Animation stutters and the notification falls back. Reported by aiden in the comments.
Fix: Not available yet.
- To be updated! (If you encounter another bug please report it in the comments!)
Update (August 14): Apple has released iOS 16 Public Beta 4. Check our full review here!
iOS 16 Public Beta 3 Bug Fixes
There are two issues that have been fixed in this release as reported on our Developer Beta 5 review page:
- 1. Volume slider lag in Control Center as well as Volume buttons not working as expected system-wide. (Status: Fixed)
- 2. Waze (third-party navigation app) crashing unexpectedly. (Status: Fixed)
- To be updated! (If you notice another problem solved please report it in the comments!)
iOS 16 Public Beta 3 Features
The changes spotted in this release when compared to the previous beta are:
- 1. Battery Percentage indicator in status bar.
- 2. New Ping my iPhone sound, when pinging iPhone from Apple Watch.
Tip: Hear the new sound playing in our YouTube video review available below.
- 3. Emergency SOS has been rebranded to Emergency Call.
- 4. Copy and Delete option added to screenshot editing options.
- 5. New Audio Visualizer in the Now Playing controls on Lock Screen.
- 6. New Animations for skipping and reverting to previous song on Lock Screen.
- 7. Dolby Atmos and Lossless labels rearranged in Apple Music.
- 8. New Find My and Home app splash screens!
- To be updated!
More: If you want to check out all new features announced by Apple for iOS 16 please read here.
Tip: For more details and screenshots please check our iOS 16 Developer Beta 5 review page.
iOS 16 Public Beta 3 Download
This test version is available as usual, over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update. Tap Download and Install and follow the on-screen prompts.
iOS 16 Public Beta 3 Review
Play our YouTube video for more details about this release:
iOS 16 Public Beta 3 Not Available?
Is this release not showing up in the Software Update screen. These are the most common reasons and their fixes:
- 1. iOS 16 Developer Beta 5 is already installed on your device. It’s the identical version, so iPhone doesn’t see any newer version to update too.
Tip: Go to Settings -> About -> iOS Version. If your device shows build number 20A5339d it’s already running iOS 16 Public Beta 3!
- 2. iOS 16 Configuration Profile is missing from your device.
Tip: Open Settings -> General -> VPN & Device Management and check if the iOS 16 Beta Profile is installed. If it’s not you have to download it from the Apple Beta Software Program website, as described here.
Have you already updated to iOS 16 Public Beta 3? Did you spot any changes not mentioned in this review? What about new bugs and problems? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: iPadOS 16 Public Beta 3 (20A5339d), macOS 13 Public Beta 3 (22A5321d) and watchOS 9 Public Beta 3 (20R5343e).
On Lock Screen, swiping up to view Notification Center stutters and won’t let you view the notifications. It’ll show one notification very slightly and the fall back to show nothing.
Thanks for reporting. This seems related to the iPhone Unlock Animation lag covered here: https://www.iphonetricks.org/fix-iphone-unlock-animation-lag-in-ios-16/
Does a restart temporary fix it?
What about Turning On Reduce Motion in Settings -> Accessibility -> Motion?
Tells me it’s too hot to charge and it’s barely even warm. I could cook an egg on it when the first beta came out.
Thanks for reporting Joe. Are you trying to charge traditionally or via MagSafe? Does it happen all the time, or randomly?
Yahoo sports app just crashes when opening
Thanks for sharing Steve. Yes, there are plenty third-party apps, mostly banking apps that crash when opening in the iOS 16 beta versions. You need to check the App Store daily and update apps as soon as new versions are pushed.
At some point they should start working again.
I see media controls duplicated on lock screen! How to fix this?
Thanks for sharing Jens. It’s seems this is a common issue since the beginning of the beta versions. There’s no fix until now but iOS 16 Public Beta 4 will be released tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Battery dont get charged above 80% and get discharged so fast
Thanks for sharing. iOS 16 Public Beta 4 will be released tomorrow. Let us know if it helps.
iphone does not turn off. Lock screen set at 1 min. I see a slight flash and phone stays on and never turns off. have to manually turn off or else the battery drains as screen stays on.
Thanks for reporting Arthur. iOS 16 Public Beta 4 is out in the meantime. I invite you to update and let us know if the Auto-Lock issue has been fixed! Thanks.
My iPhone open shutter and side touch not working screen is very laggy how can I fix it how and when bugs are fixes
Use this workaround to fix it please: https://www.iphonetricks.org/touch-screen-not-working-on-iphone-ios-16-fix/