Last updated on December 15th, 2021 at 10:34 amPosted in News by Miika on December 9, 2021
Apple has released watchOS 8.3 build number 19S55. The update brings new features, bug fixes and improvements to all compatible Apple Watches!
Fact: Apparently Apple has decided to skip watchOS 8.2 and jumped from watchOS 8.1.1 to watchOS 8.3. It’s not clear why this happened.
watchOS 8.3 Download
- In the My Watch tab, go for for General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install and be patient until watchOS 8.3 is requested, downloaded, prepared for update, verified and installed on your Apple Watch.
Fact: For the installation process to start you need the Apple Watch to be snapped to the MagSafe puck, nearby paired iPhone and connected to the same Wi-Fi network!
The watchOS 8.3 update file is 345 MB large!
watchOS 8.3 Release Notes
watchOS 8.3 Features
Two new additions are mentioned in the release notes. However, we do expect to uncover other changes too. If you notice a new feature that’s not mentioned below, please share it with us in the comments:
- Apple Music Voice Plan is a new and cheaper membership that allows subscribers to access the Apple Music Library with the help of Siri.
- App Privacy Report support is also added. It allows watchOS 8.3 to record data and sensor access and to share it iOS 15 for a more comprehensive report.
- To be updated!
watchOS 8.3 Bug Fixes
Apple mention a single fix in the release notes. However, there might be more issues addressed by this release. Help us confirm them. Use the comments section
- Mindfulness bug that allowed notifications to play during an active session has been fixed!
- To be updated!
watchOS 8.3 New Bugs
Although we hope that this list will remain empty, we ask you to inform us about any new issues that you deal with after updating to this new version. We will try to replicate and find workarounds or fixes and share them below:
- Siri not routing audio during workouts to AirPods. The Apple Watch speaker is used instead.
watchOS 8.3 Release Date
Apple will most likely roll out this update alongside iOS and iPadOS 15.2. We’ve already reported that we expect iOS 15.2 to be released next Monday.
That’s why the watchOS 8.3 release date should be Monday, December 13, 2021. Stay tuned. We will update this article as soon as the new software is seeded!
Update: Apple has released watchOS 8.3 as predicted!
Have you updated Apple Watch to watchOS 8.3? What’s your feedback? Did you spot any new features or bugs, not mentioned in this article? Use the comments section and help us uncover them.