Last updated on December 11th, 2022 at 04:13 pmPosted in News by Mike on December 7, 2022
Apple has seeded watchOS 9.2 RC build number 20S361 for Developers. Public Beta is available too! Here are the new features, changes, bugs fixed and known issues as we’re a single step away from the public release!
Update: watchOS 9.2 release date is Tuesday, December 13!
watchOS 9.2 Features
According to the release notes you should expect the following changes:
- Outdoor Run workout is now able to automatically detect when you arrive at a running track and provides specific metrics.
- Race Route allows you to compete against yourself, comparing previous performance for workouts like Outdoor Run, Outdoor Cycle and Outdoor Wheelchair Workouts.
- Workout app gets new custom Kickboxing algorithm for more accurate metrics.
- Noise app displays when environmental sound levels are reduced while wearing AirPods Pro (1st gen.) and AirPods Max with ANC.
- Balance of Savings account can now be checked in Wallet on Apple Watch.
- To be updated!
Fact: watchOS 9.2 release date is expected to be in the week of December 12 – 16. Most likely December 13th. More details here.
watchOS 9.2 Issues
Unsolved problems, as well as new bugs reported for this version are collected here alongside available workarounds:
- 1. Battery draining fast after update for johnsonsvisions. Are you experiencing the same?
- 2. Apple Watch overheating even in standby mode for this Reddit user.
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments)
Fact: More info about known issues and bugs fixed are available in Apple’s Developer release notes.
watchOS 9.2 Update
The Release Candidate is available, over-the-air, in the Watch app on the paired iPhone running iOS 16.2.
Open the My Watch tab and browse for General -> Software Update.
Fact: Apple Watch has to be enrolled to the Apple Beta Software Program.
Tip: Never installed a watchOS beta on your device? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you updated the RC version on Apple Watch? Do you notice any other changes not mentioned in this article? What about other bug fixes or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!