Apple has released watchOS 9.5.1 build number 20T570 for Apple Watch 4 and later! It’s a small update that focuses on bug fixes and improvements! Ongoing issues and new problems are also tracked in this article!
watchOS 9.5.1 Bug Fixes
Here is a list with the issues addressed in this update:
- 1. Green tint in Control Center, Notification Center and Passcode screen after 9.5 update has been fixed!
Update 1: We’re seeing mixed reports. Please confirm in the comments if the grey/green tint is still occurring on your device!
Update 2: Luis confirms that green tint issue is fixed on his AW Ultra, while Calvin22 is having the grey tint problem after 9.5.1 update, while everything was fine in 9.5 version! What’s your feedback?
- 2. Now Playing Volume controls have been fixed. The Digital Crown is able to control the volume again. Confirmed by HiVolt.
- 3. Unlock Mac with Apple Watch is now working again for affected users. Confirmed by dmrowley.
- 4. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 9.5.1 Issues
New problems and unaddressed bugs are tracked here:
- 1. Activity rings not syncing for friends. Reported by WedgeTailSpectre.
Workaround: Values are available on the iPhone. You can check them there.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 9.5.1 Features
As mentioned above, the release notes inform about ‘improvements and bug fixes’ without providing any other details. Any changes spotted by users are highlighted here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 9.5.1 Security Updates
Apple doesn’t mention any security fixes in the update log.
More: The security content section has ‘no published CVE entries’ for this update, which means that there are no security patches included!
watchOS 9.5.1 Update
- 1. Go for General -> Software Update and tap Download and Install when 9.5.1 comes up!
- 2. Provide iPhone Passcode to authenticate.
- 3. Be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Have you installed watchOS 9.5.1 on Apple Watch? Do you notice any other changes or bug fixes not mentioned in this article? Have any questions? Use the comments!
Related: For the new features included in the 9.5 update check this review!