iOS 15 Developer Beta 2 Features, Bug Fixes And Update Guide
iOS 15 Developer Beta 2, build number 19A5281h, is now available with new features like Memoji outfits and a bunch of fixes for bugs discovered in the initial release. The 2nd test version can be downloaded over-the-air from Settings -> General -> Software Update, as long as the iOS 15 Configuration Profile is installed on your iPhone.
How To Update To iOS 15 Beta 2
If you’re planning to upgrade from a public version (iOS 14.6) you have to follow these steps:
- Download and Install iOS 15 Beta Profile
- Reboot iPhone
- Browse for Settings -> General -> Software Update and download the iOS 15 Developer Beta 2 file.
- After the update is prepared, tap on Install Now and be patient until the installation process completes.
Fact: It’s around 1.56 GB large, values will differ slightly depending on iPhone model!
Tip: A detailed step-by-step tutorial as well as a video guide is available here! The same steps apply for iPadOS 15.
iOS 15 Beta 2 Features
We’ve just started testing this 2nd test version. Below you can find the changes detected so far:
Memoji Outfits are now available in an new Clothing section found in the Memoji app, Edit screen. Swipe all the way until you pass the Headwear category.
New Maps icon is now available for the built-in Apple Maps app. The new icon matches the design showcased during the WWDC21 keynote.
- Move to Top option now available for a track in Apple Music. Long-press on a song and the quick actions menu comes with his new feature that allows you to move a song higher in the queue.
- Refresh button has been added to the Safari address bar. It now allows you to easily refresh a webpage without having to tap for the expanded view, or pull down from the top of the page.
- Weather widget has been updated with a redesign of how the lows and highs for the upcoming days are shown.
- To be updated.
P.S.: Have you found others? Don’t hesitate to share them using the comments section
iOS 15 Beta 2 Bug Fixes
Apple mentions a series of bugs fixed by this 2nd release. Here are some of the most important:
- Live Text feature not available has been fixed!
Fact: iPhone X owners are you able to get the feature now? or the Live Text feature remains available only for iPhone XS and later.
- Panorama mode in Camera glitching when iPhone is in Low Power Mode. (Fixed!)
- Portrait effect button during a Group FaceTime call works as intended without zooming unexpectedly.
- Health data sharing issue has been fixed.
- Sharing Memories in Photos works now.
- Drag & drop feature now works as it should in the Shortcuts editor.
Have you installed iOS 15 / iPadOS 15 Developer Beta 2 on your iPhone? What’s your feedback? Have you uncovered any other new features that we haven’t mentioned yet? What about bugs? Use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: Check new iOS 15 features like:
– Drag and Drop images, text and other files on iPhone.
– Lock PDF documents with a Password in the Files app.
– Get EXIF Metadata for images in the Photos app.
– Initiate group FaceTime call with Android/Windows users!