iOS 16.5.1 c update has been released to all iPhones that are updated to 16.5.1! It’s another tiny update, 2.7 MB, that fixes a Safari bug introduced by the previous iOS 16.5.1a security response release!
iOS 16.5.1 c Update
- 1. Open Settings and go for General -> Software Update.
- 2. iOS Security Response 16.5.1 (c) should show up on the screen.
- 3. Tap Download and Install.
- 4. Enter device passcode and be patient until the security fix is requested, downloaded and prepared.
- 5. Go for Restart Now or Install Now when you are ready to reboot your device, for the changes to take effect.
Fact: 16.5.1c not showing? It won’t if you’ve already updated to the iOS 17 beta or if you haven’t upgraded to iOS 16.5.1 yet!
iOS 16.5.1c Fix
Apple confirms that this security response is only fixing the 16.5.1a bug that was causing various website to break when accessed through Safari!
There are no other new security patches when compared to the (a) version!
iOS 16.5.1 c Issues
Bugs and problems reported during and after this update are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated! Contribute in the comments!
FAQ: about iOS Security Response updates can be found here.
Have you installed iOS 16.5.1c or iPadOS 16.5.1c? Do you experience any issues or have other questions? Use the comments section!
Related: Apple has also seeded macOS 13.4.1c update to fix the same issue on Macs updated to 13.4.1a!