Is Hey Siri not working on iPhone after updating to iOS 15? Don’t panic, it’s most likely a minor glitch that can be easily fixed. First, you should check if Siri is properly configured to listen to your voice commands and then apply a few troubleshooting steps.
Hey Siri Not Responding In iOS 15
This issue has been reported to us by randy:
“Hey Siri doesn’t work anymore after updating to beta 4!”
Apparently users affected are able to trigger the virtual assistant by pressing and holding the Side button and Siri works normally. It’s just the voice command that fails!
How To Fix Hey Siri Not Working
1. Is Hey Siri Turned On?
- Open Settings and scroll for Siri & Search.
- Tap Siri & Search.
- Make sure that Listen for “Hey Siri” and Allow Siri When Locked are enabled.
2. Reconfigure Hey Siri
- In Settings tap again on Siri & Search.
- Tap the toggle next to Listen for “Hey Siri”, to turn it OFF. Wait a couple of seconds and turn it back ON.
- Tap Continue on the Set Up “Hey Siri” screen.
- Speak each voice command that’s displayed on the screen. This will train Siri to recognize your voice.
- Tap Done on the “Hey Siri” Is Ready screen.
3. Always Listen For Hey Siri
How to: In Settings browse for Accessibility -> Siri and make sure that Always Listen for “Hey Siri” is turned ON.
4. Reset iPhone Settings
- In Settings browse for General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone, available all the way towards the end of the list.
- Tap Reset and go for Reset All Settings.
Have you managed to fix Hey Siri not working on iPhone? Did any of the above tips help out? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section to share your feedback.
Related: More fixes for common iOS 15 issues are available below:
– Notifications not working for various apps in iOS 15!
– iPhone storage bug causing inaccurate capacity calculations.
– Safari videos showing black screen when playing.
– Widgets turn white or black on Home Screen and become unresponsive.