Last updated on November 18th, 2022 at 07:30 amPosted in News by Tyrone on November 9, 2022
Apple has released macOS 13.0.1 build number 22A400 for all compatible Macs! It’s a minor but very important update that fixes bugs and patches security issues! Check out all changes including old problems that remain unsolved as well as new glitches reported by users!
macOS Ventura 13.0.1 Problems
- 1. macOS 13.0.1 not showing up in System Settings.
Fix: Use command + R keyboard combo to refresh the System Settings app and this update should become available.
- 2. Microsoft Remote Desktop multiple monitor not working anymore after update. Reported by Edg-R.
- 3. Safari duplicate tabs when dragging a tab out to a new window.
- 4. Unable to delete users after macOS 13.0.1 update? User & Groups screen turns blank?
Workaround: Restart Mac and try again.
- 5. WiFi disconnecting unexpectedly on Mac.
Workaround: Turn Wi-Fi off and back On in menu bar!
- 6. Bluetooth audio stuttering when using Mac Studio with AirPods Max. Reported by Ornery.
Workaround: Use wired headphones if available.
- 7. Bluetooth accessories disconnecting briefly and reconnecting every couple of minutes. Reported by andavm (Logitech keyboard and mouse).
- 8. Slow USB transfer speeds for external HD USB 3.0 and SSD USB-C on Apple Silicon Macs and Macbooks. Reported by ettorel
Workaround: Use a thunderbolt cable.
- 9. External monitors won’t wake from sleep! Reported by sffunfun.
Workaround: Disconnect and reconnect cables.
- 10. Enabling full-screen on an external monitor powers off the other ones. Reported by Pierre.
- 11. Recovery Assistant kicks in after macOS 13.0.1 update.
Fact: It take a while but patience usually pays off and the Mac boots.
- 12. ‘The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found (Error code -43)’, when copying files from external drive. Reported by nmnonu.
- 13. Mac restarts while loading menu items. Reported by Andre.
- 14. USB connected IoT devices (ESP8266 and ESP32 based) no longer work after macOs 13.0.1 update. Reported by Rick.
- 15. macOS 13.0.1 update installing but still showing up as software update available in System Settings. Reported by Brian.
- 16. Mail crashing on startup after macOS Ventura 13.0.1 update. Reported by Justin.
Fix: We’ve covered this issue in a dedicated article. Check out the workarounds here.
- 17. Delete user account not working in macOS Ventura 13.0 and 13.0.1. Reported by Levi.
Workaround: Delete Mac user account from Terminal as shown here.
- 18. Importing photos from phones, cameras and hard disk not working in macOS 13.0.1. Reported by Aleksander.
- 19. Mac Touch ID slow, unresponsive lagging for up to 30 seconds after macOS 13.0.1 update for Santhosh.
Fix: Restart Mac, reconfigure fingerprint. More details here.
- 20. Third-party Bluetooth Mouse disconnecting frequently and does not reconnect until device is forgotten and manually reconnected. Submitted by Tyler.
- 21. Mail attachments not loading in a new email message after macOS Ventura 13.0.1 update for Greg.
Potential fix: Remove exchange account and re-add.
- 22. Spacebar not working as expected in third-party apps and within macOS. Submitted by Pete.
Fix: Turn Off ‘Full Keyboard Access’ in System Settings. More details here.
- 23. Safari dropdown menus not displaying properly for Tim.
- 24. Mac password not working after macOS 13.0.1 update. Password is incorrect! Reported by Ra.
- 25. Video playback pauses and restarts every 5 seconds after macOS Ventura 13.0.1 update for David.
- 26. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 13.0.1 Bugs Fixed
macOS 13.0 bugs are currently being tested and the ones that have been fixed will be listed here:
- 1.Extension internal error pops up when trying to delete files or apps. (Status: -)
Workaround: Use the force delete option that bypasses Trash.
- 2. Signature above quoted text does not work in Mail. (Status: Not Fixed)
- 3. Continuity camera not working for older Mac models. (Status: Mixed reports)
Fix: Plenty tips available here.
- 4. iMessages not sending from Mac. (Status: FIXED!)
- 5. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: For more details you can also check Apple’s Developer release notes.
macOS 13.0.1 Security Fixes
According to Apple, this update includes two security fixes that address the following vulnerability:
“A remote user may be able to cause unexpected app termination or arbitrary code execution.”
More: For more details please read Apple’s security content of this release.
macOS Ventura 13.0.1 Update
- This release is available, over-the-air, in System Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Update Now, Agree with Apple’s terms and provide Macbook Passcode.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your computer!
Have you installed macOS 13.0.1 on Mac? Do you notice any changes not mentioned in this article? What about other bugs fixed or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!