iPhone 14 Pro Features, Specs, Colors, Pricing (+ Pro Max)
Last updated on September 23rd, 2022 at 12:11 pmPosted in Reviews by Patricia on September 8, 2022
Apple has unveiled the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max during the Far Out keynote with a new animated notch, Satellite connectivity, Crash Detection and more. Take a look at the main features and specs, available colors, pricing, recommended cases and more.
iPhone 14 Pro Features
Some of the highlights of these flagships are:
- A new smaller, animated and interactive notch called Dynamic Island! Our extended review about it is available here.
- Always-On Display makes the Lock Screen always glanceable, without you needing to tap it to light it up.
- Emergency Services over Satellite when you’re off the grid. More details here.
- Crash Detection feature is able to detect when you’re involved in a car crash and automatically dials 911 if you don’t mark yourself as OK, as shown here.
- A16 Bionic chip marketed as the “ultimate smartphone chip”.
- Pro Camera system with 4 zoom options: 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 3x
- Photonic Engine for highest quality photos.
- New Action mode for steady video recording without requiring a gimbal.
- No SIM tray! (iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max U.S. models switch to eSIM)
- Adaptive True Tone Flash
iPhone 14 Pro Battery Life
- Up to 23 hours of video playback on iPhone 14 Pro (29 hours for iPhone 14 Pro Max).
- Up to 20 hours of streamed video playback (25 hours for iPhone 14 Pro Max).
- Up to 75 hours audio playback (95 hours for the Pro Max).
Fast Charging: Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes with 20W adapter or higher.
iPhone 14 Pro Display Features
- 2x Brighter in the sun thanks to the Super Retina XDR display.
- 6.1‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display / 6.7‑inch (diagonal) for iPhone 14 Pro Max
- 2556‑by‑1179-pixel resolution at 460 ppi / 2796‑by‑1290-pixel resolution at 460 ppi (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
- ProMotion technology with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz.
- HDR display.
- True Tone.
- Wide color (P3).
- Haptic Touch
- 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical).
- 1000 nits max brightness (typical); 1600 nits peak brightness (HDR); 2000 nits peak brightness (outdoor).
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating.
- Can display multiple languages and characters simultaneously.
iPhone 14 Pro Camera Features
- An all-new 48MP Main camera with an advanced quad-pixel sensor.
- 4x the resolution for ProRaw photos show with the 48MP camera.
- Up to 3x better low-light photos with the Ultra Wide camera.
- Up to 2x better low-light photos with the Main camera.
- Up to 2x better low-light photos with the Telephoto camera.
- 4K HDR at 24fps for Cinematic mode videos. (industry standard). More, you can edit the depth effect after capturing the video.
- Action Mode feature allows you to shoot gimbal-quality videos.
- 12MP Selfie Camera. The TrueDepth front camera comes with autofocus and a larger aperture. This allows up to 2x better low-light photos.
iPhone 14 Pro Specs
48MP for up to 4x the resolution
48 mm (2x Telephoto)
2.44 µm quad pixel
1.22 µm single pixel
100% Focus Pixels
Sensor-shift OIS (2nd gen)
Up to 2x better low‑light photos
3x optical zoom
3% Focus Pixels
Sharper, brighter macro shots
120° field of view
100% Focus Pixels
Size and Weight
Height: 5.81 inches (147.5 mm)
Width: 2.81 inches (71.5 mm)
Depth: 0.31 inch (7.85 mm)
Weight: 7.27 ounces (206 grams)
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Height: 6.33 inches (160.7 mm)
Width: 3.05 inches (77.6 mm)
Depth: 0.31 inch (7.85 mm)
Weight: 8.47 ounces (240 grams)
128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB.
IP68 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes).
A16 Bionic chip
6‑core CPU with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores
16‑core Neural Engine
Built‑in rechargeable lithium‑ion battery.
MagSafe wireless charging up to 15W.
Qi wireless charging up to 7.5W.
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter.
Precision dual-frequency GPS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou)
High dynamic range gyro.
Dual ambient light sensors.
Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to +35° C)
Non-operating temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to +45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
iPhone 14 Pro Colors
The 2022 iPhone flagships are available in four finishes: Space Black, Silver, Gold and Deep Purple.
Fact: Apple informs that the new devices are “designed for durability”. The iPhone chassis is made from “surgical-grade” stainless steel and textured matte glass back.
iPhone 14 Pro Pricing
The iPhone 14 Pro starts from $999 for the basic 128 GB storage capacity, while the iPhone 14 Pro Max retails from $1099. For more storage space you pay:
- 256GB: $1099 / $1199 (Pro Max)
- 512GB: $1299 / $1399 (Pro Max)
- 1TB: $1499 / $1599 (Pro Max)
iPhone 14 Pro Video
iPhone 14 Pro Carboon Footprint
Apple has committed to build 100% carbon neutral products by 2030 and tries to make the iPhone as environmental friendly as possible:
- 100% recycled gold wire in all its cameras. This reduces the mining requirements of precious resources.
- 100% recycled tungsten in the Taptic Engine
- 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of multiple printed circuit boards
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
iPhone 14 Pro Cases
We do recommend protecting these expensive devices with a case. Take a look at the following covers:
- TORRAS iPhone 14 Pro case with 2.5 mm back camera lips and Camera Lens Airbags!
- SPIGEN Clear Case with Anti-Yellowing if you want to keep it original
- More iPhone 14 Pro camera cases can be found here.
Tip: For iPhone 14 Pro Max cases tap here.
Disclaimer: iPhoneTricks.org has an affiliate partnership with Amazon. If you purchase a product after clicking the above links, we will receive a small commission that helps us covers website costs. The final price of your product isn’t influenced by this incentive!
Do you plan to buy the iPhone 14 Pro? What about the Pro Max? What’s your current iPhone model? Do you have any questions about the new flagships? Use the comments and share your feedback.
Related: You might be also interested in our iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus review, as well as the new Apple Watch Series 8, Ultra or SE 2. What about the new AirPods Pro 2?
In the Music application, it assigns the wrong album – booklet (picture) to the song.
Thanks for reporting Vladimir. Can you please send a screenshot at email@example.com ?
iphone 14 pro max can’t airdrop to iphone 14 pro or any other iphone. Is this known?
Thanks for reporting. It appears to be an iOS 16 issue as it affects other iPhone models too. Please check out the available fixes here: https://www.iphonetricks.org/ios-16-airdrop-not-working-iphone-14-issues/
qr code scanning not working on iphone 14 pro
Thanks for reporting Sloane. Please try to disable and re-enable QR Code scan option in Settings -> Camera. Does it help?
carplay working strange with the new iPhone. My voice isn’t properly heard by the person on the other end of the line. is this a bug or just my 14 pro max?
Thanks for reporting. Yes, it appears to be an iOS 16 bug. We’ve covered it here: https://www.iphonetricks.org/iphone-14-pro-carplay-issues-microphone-problem/
Update: iOS 16.0.2 is out in the meantime. Check it out it might fix the problem!
Having cellular issues, signal is in general at least 2 bar worse than iPhone 13 Pro, sometimes causing drop calls or missed calls because of No Service, 5G speeds are too slow. can you help?
Thanks for reporting. I’ve created a dedicated article for this issue, as I’ve found multiple other similar reports on the web. You can check it here:
I am experiencing issue with unstable notification and alert and ringer volume, sometimes it goes crazily loud, and sometimes it goes to silent mode. I have tried to switch off the “Change with buttons” in settings, it has worked for awhile, but the volume would eventually blast to the loudest out of nowhere. I have to repeatedly turn on and off the “Change with buttons” to reset to the intended volume. Is it just my phone? I have updated to iOS 16.0.2, restarted my phone, and issue still persist.
Are you using Focus modes that might interfere with your notifications? In iOS 16 you can assign different Focus modes to Lock Screens. So, if you’re changing the Lock Screen you might also change the notification setup, because of the assigned Focus mode.
The Focus mode is only on for Sleep Focus, and all my settings never gone higher than 50% of the volume. Is there any other settings it may affect?
Does it help if you disable ‘Attention Aware Features’ in Settings -> Face ID & Passcode?
iphone 14 pro max camera clicks once when opening Instagram. it works normally. I’m worried because the clicking only happens with Instagram app? It’s quite loud!
Thanks for reporting. Indeed, this seems to be a common issue. We’ve dedicated a separate article to it:
Apparently, Instagram has to fix it via software update.
I’m hearing a rattling when i shake my iPhone 14 Pro Max or when I gently tap it on the table. Is this normal?
Thanks for sharing. Apparently, it is. We’ve covered this in a separate article. Please check it out here:
I love the iphone 14. But i hate the daily ‘welcome to your new iphone 14’ email that I’m receiving from Apple ever since I purchased it. It seems that their system is stuck and spamming me daily with the same email! Is it just me?
Thanks for mentioning this Alejandra. Yes, it seems a common issue. The best workaround is to set a Mail filter and send those mails automatically to trash. Here is a step-by-step guide:
SIM not supported error on my new 14 pro. any tips?
Thanks for highlighting this error Leslie. Are you coming from an older iPhone that was on a different carrier and have switched from physical SIM to an eSIM? Here are more details:
iOS 16.0.3 iPhone 14 Pro
Incoming calls can not be answered on speaker when answering from the banner pop up. One way incoming caller is heard on speaker but not my reply.
Tried to replicate this but it works fine. When you tap the speaker in the banner you’re asked to select the audio output and you have to tap on speaker in the list. Audio works normally at both ends.
Have you tried to force restart device and see if it helps?
My brand new device shows horizontal lines on screen when I wake it up! Is this hardware?
Is there a way to exclude the notch from a screenshot? my 12 Pro was not showing the notch in screen captures!!!
Thanks for reporting. Yes, you have to close it (deactivate it) by swiping inwards on either end as shown here:
Battery health down to 98 in two months. Isn’t this too fast?
Thanks for asking. That’s within the normal range. More details available here:
I switched to iphone from android and i miss the alarm icon in the status bar. Why is my 14 pro not displaying the alarm clock icon when an alert is set?
Yes, this functionality is missing, but you can get the alarm clock icon at the top of the Control Center as shown here: