Last updated on September 23rd, 2022 at 12:11 pmPosted in Reviews by Patricia on September 8, 2022
Apple has unveiled the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max during the Far Out keynote with a new animated notch, Satellite connectivity, Crash Detection and more. Take a look at the main features and specs, available colors, pricing, recommended cases and more.
iPhone 14 Pro Features
- A new smaller, animated and interactive notch called Dynamic Island! Our extended review about it is available here.
- Always-On Display makes the Lock Screen always glanceable, without you needing to tap it to light it up.
- Emergency Services over Satellite when you’re off the grid. More details here.
- Crash Detection feature is able to detect when you’re involved in a car crash and automatically dials 911 if you don’t mark yourself as OK, as shown here.
- A16 Bionic chip marketed as the “ultimate smartphone chip”.
- Pro Camera system with 4 zoom options: 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 3x
- Photonic Engine for highest quality photos.
- New Action mode for steady video recording without requiring a gimbal.
- No SIM tray! (iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max U.S. models switch to eSIM)
- Adaptive True Tone Flash
iPhone 14 Pro Battery Life
- Up to 23 hours of video playback on iPhone 14 Pro (29 hours for iPhone 14 Pro Max).
- Up to 20 hours of streamed video playback (25 hours for iPhone 14 Pro Max).
- Up to 75 hours audio playback (95 hours for the Pro Max).
Fast Charging: Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes with 20W adapter or higher.
iPhone 14 Pro Display Features
- 2x Brighter in the sun thanks to the Super Retina XDR display.
- 6.1‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display / 6.7‑inch (diagonal) for iPhone 14 Pro Max
- 2556‑by‑1179-pixel resolution at 460 ppi / 2796‑by‑1290-pixel resolution at 460 ppi (iPhone 14 Pro Max)
- ProMotion technology with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz.
- HDR display.
- True Tone.
- Wide color (P3).
- Haptic Touch
- 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical).
- 1000 nits max brightness (typical); 1600 nits peak brightness (HDR); 2000 nits peak brightness (outdoor).
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating.
- Can display multiple languages and characters simultaneously.
iPhone 14 Pro Camera Features
- An all-new 48MP Main camera with an advanced quad-pixel sensor.
- 4x the resolution for ProRaw photos show with the 48MP camera.
- Up to 3x better low-light photos with the Ultra Wide camera.
- Up to 2x better low-light photos with the Main camera.
- Up to 2x better low-light photos with the Telephoto camera.
- 4K HDR at 24fps for Cinematic mode videos. (industry standard). More, you can edit the depth effect after capturing the video.
- Action Mode feature allows you to shoot gimbal-quality videos.
- 12MP Selfie Camera. The TrueDepth front camera comes with autofocus and a larger aperture. This allows up to 2x better low-light photos.
iPhone 14 Pro Specs
48MP for up to 4x the resolution
48 mm (2x Telephoto)
2.44 µm quad pixel
1.22 µm single pixel
100% Focus Pixels
Sensor-shift OIS (2nd gen)
Up to 2x better low‑light photos
3x optical zoom
3% Focus Pixels
Sharper, brighter macro shots
120° field of view
100% Focus Pixels
Size and Weight
Height: 5.81 inches (147.5 mm)
Width: 2.81 inches (71.5 mm)
Depth: 0.31 inch (7.85 mm)
Weight: 7.27 ounces (206 grams)
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Height: 6.33 inches (160.7 mm)
Width: 3.05 inches (77.6 mm)
Depth: 0.31 inch (7.85 mm)
Weight: 8.47 ounces (240 grams)
128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB.
IP68 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes).
A16 Bionic chip
6‑core CPU with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores
16‑core Neural Engine
Built‑in rechargeable lithium‑ion battery.
MagSafe wireless charging up to 15W.
Qi wireless charging up to 7.5W.
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter.
Precision dual-frequency GPS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou)
High dynamic range gyro.
Dual ambient light sensors.
Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to +35° C)
Non-operating temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to +45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
iPhone 14 Pro Colors
The 2022 iPhone flagships are available in four finishes: Space Black, Silver, Gold and Deep Purple.
Fact: Apple informs that the new devices are “designed for durability”. The iPhone chassis is made from “surgical-grade” stainless steel and textured matte glass back.
iPhone 14 Pro Pricing
The iPhone 14 Pro starts from $999 for the basic 128 GB storage capacity, while the iPhone 14 Pro Max retails from $1099. For more storage space you pay:
- 256GB: $1099 / $1199 (Pro Max)
- 512GB: $1299 / $1399 (Pro Max)
- 1TB: $1499 / $1599 (Pro Max)
iPhone 14 Pro Video
iPhone 14 Pro Carboon Footprint
Apple has committed to build 100% carbon neutral products by 2030 and tries to make the iPhone as environmental friendly as possible:
- 100% recycled gold wire in all its cameras. This reduces the mining requirements of precious resources.
- 100% recycled tungsten in the Taptic Engine
- 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of multiple printed circuit boards
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
iPhone 14 Pro Cases
We do recommend protecting these expensive devices with a case. Take a look at the following covers:
- TORRAS iPhone 14 Pro case with 2.5 mm back camera lips and Camera Lens Airbags!
- SPIGEN Clear Case with Anti-Yellowing if you want to keep it original
- More iPhone 14 Pro camera cases can be found here.
Tip: For iPhone 14 Pro Max cases tap here.
Disclaimer: iPhoneTricks.org has an affiliate partnership with Amazon. If you purchase a product after clicking the above links, we will receive a small commission that helps us covers website costs. The final price of your product isn’t influenced by this incentive!
Do you plan to buy the iPhone 14 Pro? What about the Pro Max? What’s your current iPhone model? Do you have any questions about the new flagships? Use the comments and share your feedback.
Related: You might be also interested in our iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus review, as well as the new Apple Watch Series 8, Ultra or SE 2. What about the new AirPods Pro 2?