Is Apple Maps not showing Home / Work address from your iOS Contact Card? This potential iOS 14.3 bug was reported by Stefan and we could replicate it to a certain extend. We did manage to import the Home and Work addresses from the Contact Card, but aren’t able to add the Home address back to the Favorites section!
How To Fix Apple Maps Home & Work Not Showing
1. Fill In The Blanks
If Maps won’t automatically import the Home and Work addresses from your Contact Card, make sure that you’ve added them properly. You have to fill in all required fields:
– Both Street entries (number and name)
– The Postal Code
– Country (it should be automatically recognized by iOS)
Fact: If a single one is missing, Maps won’t be able to pinpoint your exact location and data won’t be synced.
Tip: Scroll for a detailed step-by-step guide about how to edit your Contact Card!
2. Add To Favorites
If you accidentally removed Home and Work from favorites you can re-add them by searching for ‘My Home’, or ‘My Work’. Tap the result and swipe-up to display the expanded Home/Work view. Use the Add to Favorites option available at the end of the card.
Bug: This is the point where we aren’t able to add Home back to Favorites. A tap grays out the icon and ‘Add to Favorites’ remains blue. It isn’t replaced by the red ‘Remove from Favorites’ label that would confirm the successful addition. Are you encountering the same problem?
3. Change Card
Last but not least you can create a new contact with the same credentials but a slightly different name. When ready assign the new contact as your new Contact Card!
How To: Open Settings and browse for Contacts -> My Info. Search the Contacts list and assign the desired entry! Are the Home and Work addresses synced to Apple Maps now?
Tip: Of course, don’t forget about the good old iPhone restart trick, if none of the above works!
How To Add Home And Work Address In Apple Maps
- Tap on Add Home / Work, available in the Favorites section, just below the Search field.
- You’re informed that Apple Maps uses the Home, Work and School addresses configured in the Contact Card. If you haven’t set it up, or if you need to update it, tap on Open My Contact Card.
- Tap on add address.
- A home address form opens up by default. Fill it up!
- Tap add address again to add a work location.
Tip: You can also tap the address type to change it for school, or any other custom label!
- Finally, tap Done when ready and your Home, Work and School addresses will be saved as Favorites in Apple Maps!
How To Edit Your Contact Card
- Open the Contacts app.
- Tap on My Card, available at the top of the screen.
- Tap Edit, in the top-right corner.
- Perform the required changes and tap Done.
Are you also having problems with the Home / Work address in Apple Maps, while running iOS 14.3? Did one of the above fixes helped you out? Have you found a better fix? Use the comments section and share your feedback!
Related: Other common iOS 14.3 issues are:
– Safari iCloud tabs not syncing across devices.
– iPhone experiencing keyboard lag in Messages.
– Liquid Detected in Lightning connector warning displayed erroneous on iPhone!
– Spotlight Transparency bug: Search results overlap with Home Screen layout!
– Keyboard not showing up in App Library.
– Bluetooth connectivity issues: AirPods and Apple Watch unexpectedly disconnecting from iPhone.