Last updated on August 3rd, 2022 at 06:26 pmPosted in News by Patricia on July 27, 2022
Apple has released iOS 15.6 build number 19G71. It comes with enhancements, bug fixes and security updates. However, new versions can also include fresh issues and iOS 15.6 problems reported are pilling up! Check our extended review and contribute with your own feedback.
iOS 15.6 Problems
New issues spotted in this release are listed below:
- Battery drain issue has been reported by Dejan “iOS 15.6 extreme battery drain.
With normal use for 4 hours, 30% less battery.”
Important: iPhone will reindex data after an iOS update. Accentuated battery drain for the first 24 hours after the update isn’t uncommon. If this issue continues after a couple of days, a battery draining issue can be invoked.
Tip: If you also feel that iOS 15.6 is draining iPhone battery faster than iOS 15.5, please report it in the comments. Also, check out the troubleshooting options provided here.
- Storage full bug still occurring according to reports by Linda and Mike. iPhone still claiming that the storage is full although there’s capacity available on the device.
- SIM Card not recognized after iOS 15.6 update for Andrew (iPhone 6S), SMA (iPhone 11), Simon (iPhone 12 Pro), Yazer (iPhone 7) and others.
Fact: We got so many reports regarding this iOS 15.6 problem and decided to write a separate article dedicated to it. Please check it out here: SIM card not working on iPhone after update.
- iPhone keeps restarting after iOS 15.6 update for Justin and Hussain.
- Hearing aids not pairing with iPHone in iOS 15.6. Reported by Rick.
Workaround: Unpair, reboot and re-pair hearing aids!
- iPhone won’t turn On after updating to iOS 15.6. Reported by Nick
Workaround: Try connecting iPhone to Mac or Windows computer.
- iPhone front camera and flashlight stopped working after update. Reported by George.
Are you also encountering this iOS 15.6 problem? Please detail it in the comments.
- To be updated!
iOS 15.6 Features
Apple’s release notes only mention an enhancement that’s related to the TV app. You can now restart a live sports game that’s already in progress. Pause, rewind and fast-forward playback controls are also available.
If you notice other changes please mention them in the comments and we will update them here:
- To be updated!
iOS 15.6 Bug Fixes
The update log mentions three issues that have been fixed:
- iPhone storage bug: when device showed storage full although capacity was available has been fixed.
- Braille devices bug: that was causing them to stop working when navigating text in Mail has been fixed.
- Safari bug: when a tab would revert to the previous page has been fixed.
- To be updated!
Other fixes not mentioned in the release notes:
iOS 15.6 Should I Update?
If you’re ok with iOS 15.5 I would wait a couple more days to see if any new issues are reported!
The undisputed benefits are the security updates included in iOS 15.6, as well as the above mentioned improvements and bug fixes.
However, reports for iOS 15.6 problems are continuing to pile up in the comments. Check them out and see what ‘surprises’ might show up after updating.
Is iOS 15.5 Still Signed?
Yes, at the time of writing iOS 15.5 is still signed, this means that you can downgrade to this previous version if you’re not satisfied by iOS 15.6.
Update: iOS 15.5 not signed anymore! Apple has stopped allowing downgrades from iOS 15.6
Tip: You can check the real-time iOS 15.5 signing status on ipsw.me
Have you updated to iOS 15.6? What’s your feedback? Did you encounter any new issues worth mentioning? Share them in the comments and we’ll try to replicate them and find workaround or troubleshooting options.