Is the Messages read status not syncing between devices ever since you’ve update to iOS 15, iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8? You read a message on iPhone, but the same text remains labeled as unread on the Apple Watch and vice versa? This is a common problem that can be fixed using the following tips.
Messages Read Status Not Syncing Between Devices
“No matter what I do my messages will not sync with my iPhone. Every message I read on my phone still shows unread on my watch.”
This issue seems to be quite spread out as we could find similar complaints on Reddit.
Fact: Some users claim that they have a problem only with regular SMS text messages, while others don get either the read status of iMessages or SMS synchronized!
How To Fix Messages Read Status Not Syncing
Assuming that you have installed the latest software updates available on your devices, use the following troubleshooting steps to fix this annoying issue:
1. Restart Devices
First, perform a reboot of your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac. A fresh start could clear any temporary communication glitches between your Apple devices.
How to: You can power them Off and then turn them back On, or apply the appropriate force restart trick to reboot the computers in a single step.
2. Re-Enable iCloud Messages
- On your iPhone, browse for Settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud.
- Disable iCloud Messages, by using the toggle next to Messages.
- Wait a couple of seconds and re-enable iCloud Messages.
3. Reconfigure iMessage Settings
- On your iPhone, browse for Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive.
- Deselect your phone number from the ‘You can receive iMessages to and Reply from’ list.
- Tap Remove to confirm that you want to remove your phone number from iMessage and FaceTime.
- Now, tap the phone number again to add it back to the list!
Have you managed to fix the Messages read status not syncing across devices? Did the tips provided here help you out? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section to share your feedback.
Related: Check out more fixes for other common iOS 15 and watchOS 8 bugs:
– Facebook Messenger videos flickering during playback.
– Safari videos showing black screen when playing.
– Notifications not working for various apps in iOS 15!
– iOS 15 touchscreen issues.
– Widgets turn white or black on Home Screen and become unresponsive.
– iPhone Storage freezing or showing wrong calculations.