Last updated on December 6th, 2022 at 10:24 amPosted in News, Reviews by Patricia on November 30, 2022
Apple has released iOS 16.1.2 update with build number 20B110 for iPhone 8 and later. It’s a minor rollout that brings security updates and performance improvements. Check out the bugs fixed, known issues, as well as any new problems reported by users!
iOS 16.1.2 Issues
- 1. Get Help During an Emergency notification in Settings shows up after update. Reported by Reddit user
Workaround: Health app must be missing on iPhone. Install it and tap on the notification. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- 2. WhatsApp landscape bug. It lags significantly when rotating iPhone and the bottom part of the screen turns black. Reported by George.
Tip: Switch a couple of times between landscape and portrait. More details here.
- 3. Screenshot edits not saved in Photos, especially cropping.
- 4. Download All Purchased Tones not working in Settings -> Sounds & Haptics -> Ringtone.
Fix: Apparently this iOS 16.1.2 issue is fixed if you clean install.
- 5. iPhone crashing and rebooting after update for Raman and Jason. This is a day-one iOS 16 issue, covered previously. It affects a small percentage of users.
Fix: Clean install iOS 16.1.2 using a computer.
- 6. TikTok app missing from iPhone after this update for Pau.
- 7. HooToo USB Flash drive not working with iPhone. This is an older iOS 16 problem that’s still unaddressed. iPlugmate app not available in the App Store anymore. Reported by Pamela.
- 8. Cannot verify Airpods on iPhone updated to iOS 16.1.2, although iPad is able to verify them. This is also an older iOS 16 glitch that’s not fixed by this update. Reported by Justin.
- 9. Animation stuttering when swiping for App Switcher or Home hasn’t been fixed either. It’s been reported since the initial release.
- 10. iPhone overheating while watching YouTube videos (picture-in-picture) for poodrew and Sagar.
Fix: Remove Lock Screen widgets and any extra wallpapers. More details here.
- 11. Yahoo mail account cannot connect to the sever via the Mail app anymore is an iOS 16.1.2 problem reported by Amy and ChiefGriffey
- 12. Video mode missing from Camera app is an iOS 16.1.2 bug reported by Nico. Are you experiencing the same?
Fix: Reboot iPhone. | Reinstall iOS.
- 13. Screen recording start sound is saved in the screen recording video for Victor. Are you experiencing the same?
- 14. Notes not syncing from iPhone to iPad is an iOS 16.1.2 issue reported by Steve
- 15. App icons overlapping on Home Screen after this update for Clement.
- 16. 4G option not available in Mobile Data for Dave. Doesn’t find an option to switch from 5G.
Fact: If you’re seeing LTE instead it’s the same with 4G.
- 17. Back tap not working on iPhone 8 Plus, hasn’t been fixed. Confirmed by Anthony.
More: We’ve covered this issue here.
- 18. Unable to delete emails in Mail app. Reported by Reddit user.
- 19. Bluetooth audio stutters and skips on all audio devices including AirPods, Car, portable Bluetooth speakers. Reported by seikajax.
- 20. AirPods icon overlapping YouTube video player when minimizing full-screen mode.
Fix: Force quit and re-open YouTube.
- 21. Third-party apps not working as expected for Skoutariotis. Wyze and Clear apps reported. Are you having similar issues?
Fix: Check and install any available updates from the App Store. | Offload and reinstall apps.
- 22. Merging duplicate contacts not working is an iOS 16.1.2 problem reported by Paul.
- 23. Frequently Visited sites disappeared in Safari after this update for Gary.
Workaround: We’ve covered this issue here.
- 24. Apple News crashing is an iOS 16.1.2 issue mentioned by Peter.
Fix: More details available here.
- 25. Cellular data not working after this update for Diana. This issue has been reported in previous iOS 16 updates too (1 and 2).
Fix: Apparently, the update corrupts the SIM card on some devices and you need to grab a replacement one.
- 26. Face ID broken is a iOS 16.1.2 problem reported by this reader.
Fix: Downgrade to iOS 15.6.
- 27. Screen turning off while browsing apps is an iOS 16.1.2 issue reported by Richard.
Workaround: Tap the screen to wake the screen again.
- 28. CarPlay not working after this update for Janine. This is an older iOS 16 bug that remains unsolved.
Possible fixes: shared here and here.
- 29. Wallpaper turns black unexpectedly on Home Screen and Lock Screen for Anna and many others. It’s an older iOS 16 bug.
Workarounds: We provided a couple of them over here.
- 30. Amazon app overheating iPhone is an iOS 16.1.2 problem reported by Lydia.
Workaround: Use the web version until the app is updated with a fix. More details here.
- 31. Apple Music & Apple TV apps not opening on iPhone for Nil. Are you experiencing the same?
Fix: We’ve provided some potential solutions here.
- 32. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.1.2 Improvements
According to the update log this update includes the following two improvements:
- 1. Enhanced compatibility with wireless carriers.
- 2. Crash Detection optimizations for iPhone 14 and 14 Pro models
- To be updated!
Other changes reported by users are highlighted here:
iOS 16.1.2 Bugs Fixed
According to the iOS Version update log, available in Settings -> About, this release also includes bug fixes, without providing any other details.
We’re informed tha the security fixes included in this version will be updated here. Nothing available at the moment as you can see in the screenshot updated below:
Our readers have reported over 50 issues and errors for iOS 16.1.1. Those addressed in this version will be showcased below:
- 1. Safari unable to play full screen embedded videos has been patched! (Status: FIXED!)
- 2. Tap to wake delay has been reported in 16.1.1 and previous iterations. Are you still experiencing it? (Status: -)
- 3. Sent photos in iMessages displayed as question marks. Status: -)
- 4. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: For more known issues and bugs fixed you can also check Apple’s Developer release notes (not updated yet).
iOS 16.1.2 Update
- This rollout is available over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install and provide Passcode.
- Be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed. iPhone will reboot to mark the end of the update process.
Have you installed iOS 16.1.2 on iPhone? Do you notice any other changes not mentioned in this article? What about bug fixes or new issues? Share your feedback in the comments!